Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you guys seen this new watch from Todd (from Bradystraps), the owner of the Karlskrona Watch Company. (This is not his first watch)

This is a design I love and Todd got the size right. Love the subtle splash of color, it's not overdone. Automatic movement, ceramic bezel, sapphire... yet affordable. Drilled lugs... Yeah... Todd was great about soliciting and incorporating forumers's ideas on the design. So here is the Karlskrona Baltic Shield and its Final specs are:
Limited to 300 Watches.
Individually Serially Numbered on Case Back
Case Material: 316L Stainless Steel, Brushed Finish, Drilled lug holes
Case Size: 43mm X 49mm
Case Thickness: 13.5mm
Lug Width: 22mm
ovement: Seiko NH35 Automatic (Hacking)
Water Resistance: 300M
Bezel: 120 Click Rotating, Ceramic, Lumed
Crown: Screw Down, Signed
Case Back: Screw Down, Signed
Crystal: AR Coated Domed Sapphire
Straps: Nato and Bradystraps Original Sailcloth
Accessories: Signed Zipper Travel Case
Warranty: 12 Months
Target Date for Watch Delivery: September

The curbed profile is hot and it should wear nicely w/o sticking out the edges of one's wrists.

Todd opened his new website today and the pre-order also started.
http://www.karlskronawatch.com

Amazing price of $325 and a portion of all proceeds for the Baltic Shield project will go towards the Make a Wish Foundation.
http://wish.org/

I'm in for a Grey version though the black is very tempting as well. So may get both :)
Just thought I'd share. You can reach out to Todd for more info if you are interested.

Anyone else here pre-ordered? Looks like it'll be a quick turnaround and the Pre-order deposit is super reasonable at 25$.

Also for those interested, Karlskrona is an old port city and naval base in southern Sweden and Todd's family originated from that area a few generations ago. So it's meaningful to him and does relate to the marine theme.
Cheers. Brice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkblahblahah

· Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Interesting. Has a Benrus type 1 military styled case, but at a much more popular size (43mm vs the more common 40mm). Also dig the dial and bezel combination. Looks like he may have a winner on his hands.

Thanks for sharing Brice.

· Registered
7,661 Posts
49mm L2L, just a mm over what I like. 43mm and 13.5 mm height is the tough one for me. Trying to stay away from oversize watches, for my little wrist anyway.
That said, I like it a lot and you can't beat the price. Been looking for a nice gray dial and this one looks pretty nice.

10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
49mm L2L, just a mm over what I like. 43mm and 13.5 mm height is the tough one for me. Trying to stay away from oversize watches, for my little wrist anyway.
That said, I like it a lot and you can't beat the price. Been looking for a nice gray dial and this one looks pretty nice.

Just my opinion but these wear smaller. I love 40mm watches in general and sweet spot is maybe 42. However, I had this style watch in 40mm and it wore too small for me.

· Registered
7,661 Posts
Just my opinion but these wear smaller. I love 40mm watches in general and sweet spot is maybe 42. However, I had this style watch in 40mm and it wore too small for me.

I hear you, especially for a dive watch, it's a nice size.

Reactions: zaskar36

· Registered
5,284 Posts
Grey dial preordered!

Just love the yellow accents against that anthracite grey dial. Besides, I've got enough black dials in the collection and I've been wanting a Benrus homage for awhile now. This one sang to me like no other Benrus homage before.

Now I need to go find a Nato strap with yellow and grey stripes.

Thanks for posting Brice.

10,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grey dial preordered!

Just love the yellow accents against that anthracite grey dial. Besides, I've got enough black dials in the collection and I've been wanting a Benrus homage for awhile now. This one sang to me like no other Benrus homage before.

Now I need to go find a Nato strap with yellow and grey stripes.

Thanks for posting Brice.

Congrats. And you're welcome. B

8,177 Posts
Ordered the matt black dial one. This habit is going to ruin me :D

Reactions: zaskar36
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.