Watch Freeks banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and tbh a little embarrassed to write this intro. I don't really have a captivating story about finding my passion for watches at a young age or inheriting a Rolex from a family member. I actually didn't really like watches for most of my life because I have very thin wrists and thought they looked ridiculous on me.

It wasn't until my wife bought me a Hanowa watch for my birthday that I started to get interested in them and started a small collection. Right now I really only have fashion watches, but as I've learned more through YouTube and Google searches I'm starting to better appreciate the high end brands that have been around for years and why they're lauded by so many collectors and enthusiasts.

I can't wait to learn more from this community and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Cheers!

8,259 Posts
Welcome!

· Super Moderator
20,948 Posts
Yes, welcome aboard Aaron ! 🙂

And there is nothing at all to be embarrassed about with your
story. ..In fact it’s one of the more captivating stories actually. (y)
Just because of the cool way that a wonderful gift from your
wife set your enjoyment of watches in motion. 😎

It shows that there is no one way, or right way to find the passion
for the hobby. And that you are never too old get interested, or
see the light with watches. ..We are just lucky that you did, and
now are here with us at WF.

Really hope we can help you enjoy the hobby that much more.

· Long Time Member
1,168 Posts
That’s a great story about how you got here. Wife inspiring you always makes it even more awesome because as we all know it’s great to share and connect when possible.

Hang out and ask away. There’s more than any of us can ever learn, it’s evolving so fast it’s hard to keep up, and that’s what keeps us excited year after year after year.

Looking forward to hearing more about the journey! Keep us posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts