Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello eveyone!!
Just a guy from Georgia saying hello. Decided to join after deciding that I wanted to talk to other people about watches, and have them actually understand what I'm talking about. My collection is small and humble. It started with a Seiko Honda F1 edition sportura that I bought in Bahrain (stolen December 2012), and now consist of citizen Primo stainless steel with bracelet, citizen bm8475-00f, Freestyle Hammerhead, Pulsar PT3523, Seiko SNK805, a Timex chronograph of some sort (no model number), invicta 5755 and Russian diver 6608 (thing might as well be a pocket watch), Stuhrling Tuskegee flier 129a (big face version), and a few digital watches and a fitbit surge.

I like all of these, except for the Russian diver. The watch makes no sense. It's stupid.

Anyway, hope to meet some good people here. Thanks for having me!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome to Watch Freeks, Falkon45!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. Yeah, I was so upset when it was stolen. As far as I knew, i was one of a few people in America with one. I can only find the watch on UK websites, now. Hopefully, I'll be able to get another one.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Welcome!! Glad you joined us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm glad to be here. Odd enough, the major push for me to join the forum was reading watch reviews on amazon. Never have I've seen so many idiots give "expert" reviews. Especially the people writing reviews on automatics. Left me wanting break out my pimp hand and correct a few people. Lol.

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
Welcome to the best watch forum on the 'Net and nice collection!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Welcome to the best damn watch forum on the interwebs!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I feel funny saying welcome given I just arrived here too but, welcome. I think it is a great forum.

Cheers,

Jarrod

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome Falkon!

Your collection is quite impressive. I look forward to seeing more pics.

Why thank you. The updated picture won't be quite as large a collection anymore, but it is boiled down to the ones I like, and fit my style best. Two of the digitals may show up as well.

We're in the same boat Waikato7. But a welcome from a new guy doesn't hurt at all. As long as it's in good will, it's much appreciated.

Contra, it doesn't take long to make it build up. Especially if you don't mind "cost effective" watches. The pulsar actually cost more than the Seiko 5 by $5. But I like the 5 more. The pulsar was just sporty, some of my favorite colors (black and green), and didn't make me feel bad about immediately removing the original bracelet and tossing it into the recycling bin. Lol. It actually opened me up to looking into other $25-75 range quartz watches that are considered classy.

·
Super Moderator
10,619 Posts
Hi Falkon ! :thumb: So happy you found the forum, and a place
to have fun with the hobby. ..I know what you're talking
about with a lot of people just not understanding watches,
or why we like them. Seems like they are just too caught
up in things nowadays to see the light. ..Lucky for you,
you have, and can enjoy an amazing hobby !

Sounds like you already have an epic collection by the way ! :smile-thumb:
Wow, welcome Falkon ! So great you're here !

1 - 20 of 26 Posts