Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm the new guy (I'm sure one of many) and I thought I'd make a quick post. I got an old Citizen Eco-Drive from a friend that's been sleeping for about 5 years (in a darkened drawer) and he gave it to me. After I gave it shot of sunshine it works but it's too small. I have fat wrists and it feels like I got a tight pair of handcuffs on. By the way, do they make a single set (single set?) of cuffs? Anyway, I decided on getting one of those "Watch Band Clasp Buckle Extenders" and I'll see if it works. It's a custom type of bracelet and I don't want to spend the money for a new bracelet, even if I could find one that fits this weird watch case. Anyhow, I'll let you know how it works out. I mean I could only lose $6.95 if it doesn't work. P.S. I just bought a new Citizen eco-drive (do we see a pattern here folks?) I'll let you know how I like my new Citizen Brycen AW0078-08L that I just bought but this little old Citizen eco-drive sure impressed me. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank-you forzaferrari, for the introduction. I was looking to find something inexpensive that I could use on an old watch with a hard-to-replace watch band. I've seen the way it looks on the watch and it may allow me to wear this watch with original watch band. It appears to be a great way of getting someone, with a short watch bracelet, a quick fix cheaply, however it won't look great but it will be hidden. I don't know if you have ever checked out what they are charging for watch bracelet links but they are charging around $15.00 per link and this is just for the Citizen eco-drives! Of course, I couldn't find anyone that had the same type of watch bracelet that I needed so that was out of the question but I also couldn't find any replacement watch bracelets that would fit this style of case with a nipple on it. I will let everyone know how this works out in the watch strap group. Cheers!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to WF and enjoy your Ecodrives
Thank-you, Reflex, for the introduction. I was looking into eco-drives years ago and I heard something bad about them but I can't remember what it was now that prevented me from buying one. I believe that Citizen has perfected that now and they are better than they have ever been in the past. My watch comes with a 5 year warranty, which was surprising to me. It's a lot of watch for the money and looks even better than the picture because I saw a closeup and review on the watch on Youtube. More information forthcoming. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
9,361 Posts
What a fantastic introduction post Jefred ! :smileyface_hand_cla

Welcome aboard, and big congratulations on all of
those cool Citizens by the way ! :thumb::thumb:

That new Brycen look outstanding from here. The
dial, but whole style is just beautiful to be honest.
Hope you really enjoy it, and that incoming extender
also. Welcome once again. Hope you really have fun !

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm the new guy (I'm sure one of many) and I thought I'd make a quick post. I got an old Citizen Eco-Drive from a friend that's been sleeping for about 5 years (in a darkened drawer) and he gave it to me. After I gave it shot of sunshine it works but it's too small. I have fat wrists and it feels like I got a tight pair of handcuffs on. By the way, do they make a single set (single set?) of cuffs? Anyway, I decided on getting one of those "Watch Band Clasp Buckle Extenders" and I'll see if it works. It's a custom type of bracelet and I don't want to spend the money for a new bracelet, even if I could find one that fits this weird watch case. Anyhow, I'll let you know how it works out. I mean I could only lose $6.95 if it doesn't work. P.S. I just bought a new Citizen eco-drive (do we see a pattern here folks?) I'll let you know how I like my new Citizen Brycen AW0078-08L that I just bought but this little old Citizen eco-drive sure impressed me. Cheers!
Why don't you show us a photo of the watch in question and maybe we could help you out then?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why don't you show us a photo of the watch in question and maybe we could help you out then?
It won't allow me to upload pictures without downloading to the gallery first. I got the following message when attempting it; "You do not have any photos uploaded to the gallery or no images match the filtering options set."

I'm new here and haven't found my way around yet. I'll try uploading them to the "gallery" first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What a fantastic introduction post Jefred ! :smileyface_hand_cla

Welcome aboard, and big congratulations on all of
those cool Citizens by the way ! :thumb::thumb:

That new Brycen look outstanding from here. The
dial, but whole style is just beautiful to be honest.
Hope you really enjoy it, and that incoming extender
also. Welcome once again. Hope you really have fun !
Thanks AtomicTom, I'm just getting used to things around here and hope to learn some new things along the way and add relevant information when I can, which I hope is soon. Thanks again for the kind words. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
9,361 Posts
Thanks AtomicTom, I'm just getting used to things around here and hope to learn some new things along the way and add relevant information when I can, which I hope is soon. Thanks again for the kind words. Cheers!

Don't mention it. ..Take your time, and enjoy Jefred ! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Jefred:
O K "new guy".
I and my SIL Mark, have 8 + inch wrists.
The only watch I own (incl my 4 EcoDrives) that doesn't look small on our
wrists are my EcoZilla, and 2 Casios.
Awhile back I had one o those "Come to Jesus" moments and swore off any
watches that weren't at least 50mm in case sizes.

Saw a Bro the other day wearing what seemed a 35mm Date/Just. To each
his own I reckon.

Lou Snutt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts