Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm from Melbourne and have been lurking here on & off for a few months but more frequent in the last few weeks. Still new to the workings and all things about timepieces.

My parents gave me a couple of watches (not at the same time) when I was very young. A old mechanical watch with blue dial (probably mum's) and later a quartz Orient diver but can't remember the models. Both watches should still be somewhere around in parents' house. Will definitely try to locate them.

Since then, these 2 features/functions always pull me in - auto and diver. Modern divers are huge and heavy which do not suit my small wrist. Leather strap is a no no for me as one I used to wear stinks from my perspiration!

After some more quartz (Swatches, G-shock, Santa Barbara, Suunto), I bought myself Seiko Kinetic Titanium in 2004, followed by another Seiko Kinetic Perpetual in 2011.

Oris Diver 65 is my latest timepiece. Loving it. Here is the link to the posts with some photos:
http://www.watchfreeks.com/showthread.php?t=197546

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The problem with this place is the variety of watches (styles and manufacturers) you will be exposed to and the reasons why some of them are so desirable to collect. You will learn things about watches you did not appricate before. In short hold on to your wallet or run away now.

BTW welcome to the asylum

·
Registered
11,016 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Welcome to WATCHFREEKS oris! If You've been lurking on & off for a few months You probably feel at home. You've reached Your watch site destinations,so enjoy, and find those treasures at Your parents i'll bet they're still a joy.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Really nice pickup for your first serious watch!

Reactions: oris65

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to WATCHFREEKS oris! If You've been lurking on & off for a few months You probably feel at home. You've reached Your watch site destinations,so enjoy, and find those treasures at Your parents i'll bet they're still a joy.
Those treasures at my parents may only be retrieved Feb next year. They bring memories! Gosh...... Can't wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts