Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone catch Doxa's new SUB 600T already?

This watch will have a 40mm stainless steel case, 600m WR, sapphire
crystal, unidirectional bezel with sandblasted steel, or ceramic insert,
and dials in Orange Professional, Navy Blue Caribbean, Silver Searambler,
Black Sharkhunter, Turquoise Aquamarine, and Yellow Divingstar. Then
on top of that, you have stainless steel bracelets, along with Sellita SW
200-1 behind everything.

Have a few pics right here...

Monochrome, Time and Tide, and Doxa with much more for you...

Hands-On and Video Review - The 2021 Doxa SUB 600T Collection

DOXA dives back into their 80s catalogue with the updated 600T collection

https://doxawatches.com/

·
Long Time Member
593 Posts
Really liking the looks on these, all combinations., Tom.
Price is a bit rich for me though.
Doxas don’t go on sale, do they.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really liking the looks on these, all combinations., Tom.
Price is a bit rich for me though.
Doxas don’t go on sale, do they.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to agree with you on all fronts with these w4tchi. 😉(y)

Yup, these don’t often seem to come down in price as
you said. Unless maybe they happen to be gently used.
..At least we have the pictures to enjoy. 🙂

Not to mention can talk about them like this. Thanks so
very very much sir !!!

·
Senior Freek
1,420 Posts
Just wait for Seestern/Tactical Frog to make an NH35 homage/clone of these for about $200 usd

·
Super Moderator
15,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wait for Seestern/Tactical Frog to make an NH35 homage/clone of these for about $200 usd
😄(y):)

It’s a really terrific suggestion Gary, and you know that It probably
won’t be too long before that homage is a reality. 🙂😉 I bet that
they are working on things as we speak.

·
Senior Freek
1,420 Posts
Reactions: Lawyer Aidroos

·
Registered
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
156 Posts
Yes, but all the watches I have with NH35s have been running great for years.
I agree with your point of view. My old seikos with 7s series, 4/6r35/36 and tla fee vintages from the 70s still are working hard as is my one and only Invicta powered by a NH35. But here is the thing, the movement is what we pay for, it has huge tolerance in measurements in various positions where some days it gains 2 second in wearing, while in storage it will gain 6 seconds. Such is not the case with the highest grade of an Elabore ETA in Raymond Weil. ETA is not the highest standard of calibre by the Swiss. For the price NH35 is great and so is it's accuracy for 200 to 300 USD watches, beyond that it's useless. But we can get Certina mechanical DS1 watches with SW1 for 300+ on Joma with 100m water resistant cases, which is a clear steal, but lacks alot of components since certina uses entry level calibres.
In the end I'm with you, I'm tired of hunting, searching, and buying watches later to be bored and sell them due to lack of wrist choices or hefty service costs. This Year alone I got rid of 3 watches which were in the storage locker mostly.

·
Super Moderator
15,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yessiree, with your Seastern, you get the Doxa personality without
the pain of the Doxa price tag. 😄 And like Gary said, you can bet
there is an homage of these already on the drawing board most
likely. 🙂 I bet we see theirs’ some time next year.

Want to thank you again for sharing your thoughts Forza !!!

·
Senior Freek
1,420 Posts
I agree with your point of view. My old seikos with 7s series, 4/6r35/36 and tla fee vintages from the 70s still are working hard as is my one and only Invicta powered by a NH35. But here is the thing, the movement is what we pay for, it has huge tolerance in measurements in various positions where some days it gains 2 second in wearing, while in storage it will gain 6 seconds. Such is not the case with the highest grade of an Elabore ETA in Raymond Weil. ETA is not the highest standard of calibre by the Swiss. For the price NH35 is great and so is it's accuracy for 200 to 300 USD watches, beyond that it's useless. But we can get Certina mechanical DS1 watches with SW1 for 300+ on Joma with 100m water resistant cases, which is a clear steal, but lacks alot of components since certina uses entry level calibres.
In the end I'm with you, I'm tired of hunting, searching, and buying watches later to be bored and sell them due to lack of wrist choices or hefty service costs. This Year alone I got rid of 3 watches which were in the storage locker mostly.
I try to not spend more than $200 on a watch. For my 40th wedding anniversary I did spend $750 on a Hamilton Khaki Navy which I love, but I don’t feel it runs any better than any other watch I own. I like it’s looks. I’m not someone who’s totally drawn to watch movements. I don’t geek out on them. I don’t study their specs. I don’t put them on a timegrapher or any other device to measure their accuracy.

Reactions: Lawyer Aidroos

·
Watch Freek
96 Posts
I really lke these Doxa watches and I considered buying a knock off like Seastern as to not put a huge dent on my pocketbook. I wish I could see them both in the wild that way the decision would be much easier to spend the big bucks on the real thing. I also came across this vintage Gruen at 990 bucks that is very similar but it is vintage and has a lot of wear
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Material property

·
Super Moderator
15,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really lke these Doxa watches and I considered buying a knock off like Seastern as to not put a huge dent on my pocketbook. I wish I could see them both in the wild that way the decision would be much easier to spend the big bucks on the real thing. I also came across this vintage Gruen at 990 bucks that is very similar but it is vintage and has a lot of wear View attachment 139049
Well may I say HobHoner, that this Gruen is so cool it's not even funny,
and would be a sheer joy to have in the collection no matter what. o_O:D
Any wear it has just adds that much more character. ..Plus you don't
see this sleek skin diver design much. Wow, just wow ! 😮🏆I mean
not that this new Doxa isn't nice, it's just that the Gruen has a similar
feel as you said, but is a vintage classic. ;)

It would be fun to see each one of those in the wild HH. ..Another thing
which was a lot of fun was hearing what you had to say, so thanks a lot !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts