Watch Freeks banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
We want to buy a new dishwasher, the question is which one. Since there are so many brands and types, we just can not decide. Which dishwasher do you have at home? Are you happy with it?

·
179 Posts
Per the Nov 2021 Consumer Reports magazine (page 34) the top 3 dishwashers all come from Bosch.
The cheapest one (Ascenta $700) rated the highest followed by one at $900 (300 DLX Series) and the third one again at $800 (100 Series); all US Dollars.

All seriously cheaper than a wife.

·
Super Moderator
1,481 Posts
As you are in the UK, maybe try the Which? magazine. Or here is a BBC review of dishwashers:

I have an Electrolux, can't say I am too happy with it (the heater/pump assembly had to be replaced only a few days after the warranty expired). It has to be treated "delicately", whereas the previous AEG worked for 16 years without any problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you buy one of the classic brands (AEG, Bosch, Bauknecht, Siemens), you can not go wrong. Higher prices are usually associated with a more elaborate interior design or lower consumption. Of course, you can also buy Miele, where the budget will probably only be enough for one entry-level device.
To the durability:
Today the devices will not last 20-30 years like in the old days. A durability of 8 years is quite within the frame. More is perhaps not desirable, because old devices consume more and therefore it can be quite useful to replace them from time to time...
I would also recommend you to go to a site like this one Compare the Best Dishwashers Products of 2020 where you can compare some products and choose which one is the best for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts