Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got this new for from Jomashop for 1/2 price the on the DB website and very impressed. 42mm,1000 m WR. Needed another grab and go quartz as I only have my Doxa Aquaman. Weird thing is it looks smaller on my wrist but when I hold it up to the mirror it is size appropriate. Much better lume than my previous Deep Blue as well.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Reactions: zaskar36

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very interested to hear your thoughts about the watch. I didn't really like it when I first saw it but it's really grown on me. Some pics including a side profile and one of the lume would be greatly appreciated. The one thing holding me back is the 15mm thickness. I do love that there is a stainless steel bracelet now available.

What color dial did you get?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very interested to hear your thoughts about the watch. I didn't really like it when I first saw it but it's really grown on me. Some pics including a side profile and one of the lume would be greatly appreciated. The one thing holding me back is the 15mm thickness. I do love that there is a stainless steel bracelet now available.

What color dial did you get?
Blue dial. Out in the sun it really shows well but in office setting it can go from blue to black-ish. Fits me well. Rubber strap is nice too. I will take all the pics tonight and post. Lume is great as well. I too was concerned about the 15mm thickness but to me, it does not seem that thick. Sits on my wrist well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Blue dial. Out in the sun it really shows well but in office setting it can go from blue to black-ish. Fits me well. Rubber strap is nice too. I will take all the pics tonight and post. Lume is great as well. I too was concerned about the 15mm thickness but to me, it does not seem that thick. Sits on my wrist well.
Thanks. Congrats on the new watch at a fantastic price.

·
Super Moderator
14,603 Posts
Sounds like a fantastic watch, along with price there Mudfoot ! :) Love those kinds of dials where they look ultra blue in some light, and then change to darker shades in lower light. :eek: It's almost like you have more than one watch with a watch like that right?! Very glad you got such a nice price, and are enjoying this one. Congratulations to you !!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Oh wow! Great lume and the case height doesn't look thick at all. I'd say this was a great purchase. Congrats!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for taking some pics. I still think the bulbous case back is too large. The lugs are floating in the air not snug against the wrist as I think they should be. Most of the Deep Blues are like this and the watch moves around too much on the wrist as a result. The lume looks excellent.

I really wish Deep Blue would offer bezels colour matched to the dials. The watch would be even better with a blue bezel and they should do the same with the other 6 colours (ex. A green dial with green bezel, etc.).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is that lume from painted stuff or tritium? The website doesn't specify but other than that looks great

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,603 Posts
Oh wow, yeah see that?! :smile-thumb: In every one of your excellent pictures, the dial looks to be doing something different. In one it's half black, have blue horizontally, in one it's all black, or blue, and in another it's half blue, half black vertically ! :eek: ..Plus on top of that, the rest of the watch is off the charts awesome too ! ..Big congratulations once again, and great pics by the way ! ..Enjoy Mudfoot !!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts