Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Looks like blue and black dial colors at $599with these specs including a swiss auto movement....will try to get some pics up in a bit when I can. If this watch is a great as the Sea Diver it is a winner.

http://www.deepbluewatches.com

Master 2000 Diver [/b]

Black Bezel Black Dial Blue Hands 2000 meters/6600 Depth rating[/b]

Anti-magnetic to 70000 a/m Automatic Helium release Valve[/b]

Sapphire crystal with A/R Coating Swiss ETA 2824-2 Auto Movement,[/b]

Stainless steel 316L Case & Bracelet Diver bracelet with extension , screw links, 1/2 links, deploy clasp[/b]

Super-LumiNova BGW9 Blue lume [/b]

Blue lume unidirectional 120 click bezel [/b]

46mm case, 18mm height, 22mm Lugs, 280 Grams, 10 ounces[/b]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

$600?????

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

600????

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
$600?????
A very nice looking timepiece. I do like the black dial with the hands trimmed in blue. I guess the $600.00 is because of the Swiss Automatic. ....Bob

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Looks like blue and black dial colors at $599with these specs including a swiss auto movement....will try to get some pics up in a bit when I can. If this watch is a great as the Sea Diver it is a winner.

http://www.deepbluewatches.com

Master 2000 Diver [/b]

Black Bezel Black Dial Blue Hands 2000 meters/6600 Depth rating[/b]

Anti-magnetic to 70000 a/m Automatic Helium release Valve[/b]

Sapphire crystal with A/R Coating Swiss ETA 2824-2 Auto Movement,[/b]

Stainless steel 316L Case & Bracelet Diver bracelet with extension , screw links, 1/2 links, deploy clasp[/b]

Super-LumiNova BGW9 Blue lume [/b]

Blue lume unidirectional 120 click bezel [/b]

46mm case, 18mm height, 22mm Lugs, 280 Grams, 10 ounces[/b]
Thanks for letting us know. I like the black dial with the hands trimmed in blue. Hopefully we will see it sold at a sale price by some store. ....Bob

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

George thanks for posting the pics. I couldn't make it happen at work....terrible access to things there. As far as the price at $599.....what do other dive watches 2000 meters with a ETA 2824 auto movement sell for now? This has to be competitive?

WATCHURSELF wrote:
yes this is the new 2000m watch -the other one we are waiting for 1000m should be available tomorrow

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

See , here is the issue, this case is an off the shelf case, and when it comes down to it, has been done by many other companies, and is well, overdone............

also, www.wilsonwatchworks.com

is making a sterile dial version of this, that will be made of a german case with the eta movement, and he will be completley hand assembling and making them and there will only be 50 of these made, and on reservations only and only in batches of 10 at a time...............and they are $599 as well.......

so for 600 bucks, would you rather have a massed produced watch, with the words deep blue smacked on it, or would you rather have a hand assembled sterile dial version, where there will only be 50 of these made?

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Enlightening Don. Same watch......both quality it appears but I do catch your drift.

tattoo chef wrote:
See , here is the issue, this case is an off the shelf case, and when it comes down to it, has been done by many other companies, and is well, overdone............

also, http://www.wilsonwatchworks.com

is making a sterile dial version of this, that will be made of a german case with the eta movement, and he will be completley hand assembling and making them and there will only be 50 of these made, and on reservations only and only in batches of 10 at a time...............and they are $599 as well.......

so for 600 bucks, would you rather have a massed produced watch, with the words deep blue smacked on it, or would you rather have a hand assembled sterile dial version, where there will only be 50 of these made?

·
Registered
185 Posts
imported post

I've always thought of sterile dial watches as appealing to a very small segment of collectors, probably because most of the ones you see are military style watches of many years ago.

I will admit to the appeal of a hand assembled watch but I'd want to know more about the maker if I were to trust the water resistance rating. I think some pretty sophisticated, expensive equipment would be needed to safely achieve that high (deep?) a rating.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

the Wilson Watch guy is about 30 minutes from me. I have spoken to him a few times and he is a nice guy with A GIANT WAITING LIST for his watches. He seems to be legit and really making some nice time pieces.

But this thread is not about him. I still think $600 is a high price for this watch and it will come down substantially in the future.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

UKWolfeman wrote:
Enlightening Don. Same watch......both quality it appears but I do catch your drift.

tattoo chef wrote:

also, http://www.wilsonwatchworks.com

I would rather have an Accutron with a Valjoux 7750 for that kind of money, but that's just me.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

i have to agree with tattoo on this one. seems like a lot of brands are doing very very similar watch designs. i am not saying that this is not a very nice watch, but i for one would like to wear watches that are different from every other one you see on other people's wrists.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I guess if you like that style...it's okay. To me...it's a style of watch that's been done and done and done....to where it doesn't even tempt me. I really don't care who does the watch...it could be a Rolex...or a Timex....I guess someone else will buy it...but not me. I have been watching the Invicta event on the Shop and most of the watches just seem to look the same....and I guess that's fine...diver's style watches are what a lot of people want and like. But to me...once you have one...I don't see the reason to go buy a dozen or so that look just like it...but with different dials and colors.

I would rather have a watch that doesn't look like every other watch. I guess that is why I don't have multiple watches of the same style. I think its great that some folks collect every single color and style variation of a watch....like some guys have every Invicta SAN III...or SAS....and I think thats great. But not for me....I will someday get a...one....SAN or a Venom...or an SAS...but just one. But that's just me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts