Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you guys see these cool looking new Citizen Marine, and Sport automatics?

The new divers look to have 46mm, or 46.2mm brushed stainless steel cases, mineral crystals, 100m water resistance, eye-catching uni-directional bezels, luminous markers, and hands, stainless steel, or rubber diver's straps, and Citizen Miyota 8200 automatic everyone.

Just a few pictures...

Had seen these over at Long Island Watch, and then found some more pictures at Red Deer Watches for you also everybody...

https://www.longislandwatch.com/Citizen_NH8388_81E_Watch_p/nh8388-81e.htm

http://www.reddeerwatches.com/brands/citizen/citizen-men/

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Finally an automatic. Day/Date no less. No hockey puck case with a tiny dial. 46mm is right in my wheelhouse. May finally be able to add a Citizen diver to my collection. Very nice. :clapping-hands-abov

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Nice looking watch, I would be more interested if they dropped a Miyota 9015 in it instead.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Not a big fan of the hands. Both seem "puffy" somehow with the hour hand actually feeling over-inflated like a balloon.

Bezel also looks busy to me. The notches overwhelm the insert.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Nice looking watch, I would be more interested if they dropped a Miyota 9015 in it instead.
IMHO, I'd take any Miyota automatic over an Eco-Drive any day.
Like the Day/Date the 8200 offers over the date only on the 9015. The only thing I see on this piece I don't like is the mineral crystal and 100 meter WR. I don't call anything a diver watch that is under 200 meters WR.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah saw these in an e-mail from Long Island Watch. Unfortunately the 46mm size is way too big for me. Also why do the bracelet models have a "12" on the 12 o'clock arrowhead while the strap models just have the arrowhead. I think the strap model's 12 o'clock marker looks better.

Nice to see a Citizen auto but let's get one in the 40-42mm size with ISO6425 Diver's certification.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Tom:
Hadn't seen these iterations but glad I have courtesy of
Atomic Tom. Citizen is a worthy competitor IMO. Own 4
of em. All great watches. Just wish I could recover the
Deep Blue lifted from my truck 2 weeks ago. Bestesh
seems to have no replacement in stock for the Master
Timer.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Ha
IMHO, I'd take any Miyota automatic over an Eco-Drive any day.
Like the Day/Date the 8200 offers over the date only on the 9015. The only thing I see on this piece I don't like is the mineral crystal and 100 meter WR. I don't call anything a diver watch that is under 200 meters WR.
8215, isn't that the non-hacking movement they put in the $80 Invictas?

No thanks on that!

Had a couple of cheapo Invictas with that movement in them, neither one of them lasted 1/3rd as long as my oldest Eco-Drive, and each one of them was like 25-30 seconds off a day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you wanna find a perfect watch for surfing i can recommend this guys surf watches who really helped me when i was searching for my son who can’t leave without surfing. I bought them because he always was late for dinner and I thought if he maybe would have watch he would be on time. Now he doesn't even take them off from his hand. He is still always late for dinner so maybe i will start surfing with him and we will both be late. I love my son but sometimes i think we are like Homer Simpson and Bart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts