Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a cruise this week with my lady in the Bahamas and I couldn't resist buying a new piece. I've been casually looking at a more dressy watch for my tan, brown, blue, etc. outfits. This Bulova came at a decent price and style I enjoyed. I actually had several watches from Citizen (Eco-Drive), Seiko (Kinetic and Solar), and Bulova picked out before I made the final choice. All very nice, all I would have loved to own, and the Bulova simply one in final style.

The auto winds effortlessly, very quiet movement and winding. Hand wind as well. The left sub-dial is really just a secondary hour dial connected to the main time... sort of an AM/PM indicator. The other is seconds. I've also been wanting a skeleton movement, so this met that desires. It has my first butterfly clasp. A little different to get used to and I really like it. Very comfortable and light. The strap is soft with just the right amount of flexible.

The only thing that I'd change is to have a screw-down crown. That level of security is just nice. Anyway, without further ado, hears the photos!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Interesting watch Funk, and great idea you had in getting wifey one also. Hope you enjoyed the cruise, sounds AWSOME !
Cheers
D.

·
Registered
128 Posts
classy and love the display back. Bulova makes some nice Autos. enjoy

Reactions: FunkDaLicious

·
Super Moderator
10,660 Posts
That is one gorgeous looking watch FD ! :smile-thumb: The finishing of everything looks so amazing it's not even funny. You can see that this watch is exceptional in every way. Honestly is fantastic how they did the dial within a dial theme, and how the complications, and movement are shown off. Reminds you a little of a Zenith, or something ! Man oh man, what a looker !!! :eek: Congratulations, and keep on enjoying FD !

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
Very nice. Enjoy the new addition to your collection. Always fun to get a new watch.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Love the new Bulovas. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Bulova is a completely underrated watch brand.

I have had this watch of over 5 years, picked it up on Amazon for less then $150.

The only thing it doesn't do is hack, it appears to have the same Miyota movement (which is highly decorated for this price point) and has been running +7 seconds a day, consistently.

It's a solid, inexpensive, classy looking watch.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bulova is a completely underrated watch brand.

I have had this watch of over 5 years, picked it up on Amazon for less then $150.

The only thing it doesn't do is hack, it appears to have the same Miyota movement (which is highly decorated for this price point) and has been running +7 seconds a day, consistently.

It's a solid, inexpensive, classy looking watch.

I've eyed one similar several times!very nice.

Sent from my Bacon using Tapatalk

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was on a cruise this week with my lady in the Bahamas and I couldn't resist buying a new piece. I've been casually looking at a more dressy watch for my tan, brown, blue, etc. outfits. This Bulova came at a decent price and style I enjoyed. I actually had several watches from Citizen (Eco-Drive), Seiko (Kinetic and Solar), and Bulova picked out before I made the final choice. All very nice, all I would have loved to own, and the Bulova simply one in final style.

The auto winds effortlessly, very quiet movement and winding. Hand wind as well. The left sub-dial is really just a secondary hour dial connected to the main time... sort of an AM/PM indicator. The other is seconds. I've also been wanting a skeleton movement, so this met that desires. It has my first butterfly clasp. A little different to get used to and I really like it. Very comfortable and light. The strap is soft with just the right amount of flexible.

The only thing that I'd change is to have a screw-down crown. That level of security is just nice. Anyway, without further ado, hears the photos!
Love the look of that watch. Nice find!

·
Registered
923 Posts
Very nice. Boluva makes some great timepieces . Price wise they are hitting it perfect. I have two, one an auto , one a precision movment. I can feel more in the future.
Thats a nice clean face, not cluttered even with the double mini dials.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts