Watch Freeks banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know the feeling of waiting for our newest box to arrive. I had been wanting a dressy watch and ordered a Mido Baroncelli Chronometer that arrived today.

Packaging was nice but nothing special. I bought this to wear on a strap but it came on a stainless bracelet that I will immediately remove.

Dimensions are 39mm...10mm high a
and 20mm lugs. Movement is the COSC version of the 2836.

I decided to use the factory end links so I had to trim the strap to fit.
Material property Shipping box Wood Flooring Box
Watch Hand Analog watch Photograph Light
Watch Plant Clock Tree Analog watch
Watch Analog watch Clock Wood Gadget

So far I like the look and feel of the watch. If I decide to keep it I will most likely need to move my Tissot Sea Star on rubber with the Powermatic 80 movement.

·
Senior Novice
3,281 Posts
Well done!
The bracelet looks very nice, but that strap gives it a rich and stately presence. What about this imparticular watch hooked you? I love that dial and your movmnt's excellent.
That would please my wrist, but see little time on it, special occasions and such.
Enjoy Hondaman, thank You for the good pics and post.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well done!
The bracelet looks very nice, but that strap gives it a rich and stately presence. What about this imparticular watch hooked you? I love that dial and your movmnt's excellent.
That would please my wrist, but see little time on it, special occasions and such.
Enjoy Hondaman, thank You for the good pics and post.

Thank you so much. Most of my collection seem to be either vintage or sport watches.

I wanted something different so started looking for COSC type watches I could buy for less than $700.

This one caught my eye because I was looking for something
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font
different. Kept coming back to it...the strap version was on a brown strap...I prefer either blue or black so I decided to buy it and make it the way I wanted it to look.

·
2,913 Posts
Congrats the new watch, nice pics too. Very recessed crown, do you kind of pop it out and then twist? Reminds me of some vintage Seiko 5s.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats the new watch, nice pics too. Very recessed crown, do you kind of pop it out and then twist? Reminds me of some vintage Seiko 5s.
The crown is something I am not crazy about but it was simple enough to pull out and set the time and date.

·
Super Moderator
14,325 Posts
O.K. that is just stunning looking Hondaman ! 😯😎

Wow, and yes, it really is different too with the beautiful
Roman numerals, as well as sleek looking hands too.
And how about that decoration at the center of the dial?! 😀
That is so cool it’s not even funny, not to mention is yet
another detail which makes this Mido different. 😉 It’s
perfection for the wrist !

Just is great seeing this stunner HM. ..It looks amazing
on that bracelet, AND your strap !! Am hoping that this
one gets a bunch of wrist time. A HUGE congrats there !!!

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,873 Posts
Nice Dress Watch, excellent!

·
Watch Freek
1,015 Posts
We all know the feeling of waiting for our newest box to arrive. I had been wanting a dressy watch and ordered a Mido Baroncelli Chronometer that arrived today.

Packaging was nice but nothing special. I bought this to wear on a strap but it came on a stainless bracelet that I will immediately remove.

Dimensions are 39mm...10mm high a
and 20mm lugs. Movement is the COSC version of the 2836.

I decided to use the factory end links so I had to trim the strap to fit. View attachment 137648 View attachment 137649 View attachment 137650 View attachment 137651

So far I like the look and feel of the watch. If I decide to keep it I will most likely need to move my Tissot Sea Star on rubber with the Powermatic 80 movement.
Very nice, and I agree, a strap is best for the watch. I recently bought a Certina DS-1, and did the same thing
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Watch accessory
Watch Hand Arm Tableware Hood

1 - 14 of 14 Posts