Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since my first Amphibia mod project was a resounding success, I figured I'll try it again... This time, with this:

Admittedly, I'm going to copy an Amphibia mod I saw in a watch review video on YouTube, due to the pure cool factor the original piece possessed. :) This time, I plan on documenting the whole process of modding it from beginning to end.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! I'm looking forward to seeing the write-up. Will you be doing more than just changing the bezel this time?

·
11,658 Posts
Great looking watch!! I'd wear that one just like it is...but that's me. Looking forward to seeing what you do to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on the purchase! I'm looking forward to seeing the write-up. Will you be doing more than just changing the bezel this time?
Well, the obvious mods (bezel and bracelet) will be performed, but I'm also looking at possibly a hands swap as well; it just depends on if I can find the right style I want to use.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great looking watch!! I'd wear that one just like it is...but that's me. Looking forward to seeing what you do to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks great as-is, but the modded version will look even better. :D Incidentally, I do have another 090-series (The official designation for this model) on the radar that very closely resembles my original 1967 model that I plan on leaving stock, minus the bracelet. :)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well, the obvious mods (bezel and bracelet) will be performed, but I'm also looking at possibly a hands swap as well; it just depends on if I can find the right style I want to use.
That would be interesting to see. Pretty soon, you'll be swapping cases too! Personally speaking, I wouldn't do it to this project though; that case looks good as it is.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Going to be awesome seeing how this all unfolds Vostok Guy ! :clapping-hands-abov Congratulations on this one too ahead of time by the way !!! :)
I'm not going to lie about it; I'm blatantly copying someone elses modded 090. :p The finalized piece is simply stunning and I can't wait to get crackin' on this one.

·
3,979 Posts
#4:
I second your motion to let sleepin dogs lie.
Thinking about buying this exact model. To add to my Amphibia herd.
I had a Komanderiskie exactly long enuff for my daughter to see it.
She pitched such a hissy fit to own it I gave in. She already has 2 Tag
Fomula One's. Sez all her subordinates are ordering like models.

Art (malfunction Junction)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just checked the mail and found this...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Ehh, at least it's at my post office... It still gives me the red-ass though; why they can't deliver parcels to my door is beyond me.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,760 Posts
I just checked the mail and found this...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Ehh, at least it's at my post office... It still gives me the red-ass though; why they can't deliver parcels to my door is beyond me.
They can't because the seller sent it "Registered Mail" and it requires a signature. Seller is covering his ass, making sure you acknowledge the delivery.

·
Registered
489 Posts
They can't because the seller sent it "Registered Mail" and it requires a signature. Seller is covering his ass, making sure you acknowledge the delivery.
+1 on this one. All my international purchases (basically just Russia and Ukraine) have required a signature upon delivery. With this being a 3-day weekend and all, it would have been a great time to do your mods this weekend. Sad to see you'll have to wait until Tuesday. :(

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, that's not the issue; the issue is why my postal carrier is incapable of KNOCKING on a door and handing it over to me. The only time I left my residence today was to check the mailbox.

+1 on this one. All my international purchases (basically just Russia and Ukraine) have required a signature upon delivery. With this being a 3-day weekend and all, it would have been a great time to do your mods this weekend. Sad to see you'll have to wait until Tuesday. :(
And that's why it pisses me off; the postal goon could have knocked on my door, delivered it and gotten his signature, then I could be working on it right now. I don't like laziness, and tossing the notice in the mailbox without even trying to deliver it is exactly that; laziness.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Oh, that's not the issue; the issue is why my postal carrier is incapable of KNOCKING on a door and handing it over to me. The only time I left my residence today was to check the mailbox.

And that's why it pisses me off; the postal goon could have knocked on my door, delivered it and gotten his signature, then I could be working on it right now. I don't like laziness, and tossing the notice in the mailbox without even trying to deliver it is exactly that; laziness.
Oh man... that's certainly a different story. Just leaving it in the mailbox without even attempting a knock on the door (probably takes less than a minute) does speak of incompetence and laziness.

Now that I think about it, your little predicament makes me appreciate my mailman more.

Reactions: TheVostokGuy

·
Super Moderator
12,921 Posts
I'm not going to lie about it; I'm blatantly copying someone elses modded 090. :p The finalized piece is simply stunning and I can't wait to get crackin' on this one.

Still is great that you are trying this. To be able to have the confidence,
and courage to do something like this is great I think. Will be great VG !!! :thumb:

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,760 Posts

Not that I am a big fan of the Post Office, but, perhaps you were in the toilet and didn't hear them, or perhaps they simply rang your doorbell (that perhaps didn't work) and then he/she left. I'm sure they didn't fill out that form and leave it because they were too lazy to deliver it, or perhaps they were??

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After a delay due to a lazy postal weenie not knocking on my door on the last postal delivery day before Labor Day, I went to the post office and picked it up... :)

It's gorgeous, and SHINY! One video review I saw of the 090 series said that the polishing was over-the-top; they were right, and I love it. :) For now, it's resting in the box and awaiting the new bezel and bracelet, but it's here and ready for the work to be done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts