Watch Freeks banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She arrived today while I was at work!

Take a good look at her, my freeky darlings, because this is the last time you'll see her looking like this ever again. :D

Time to break out the tools!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Very cool.

I can't wait to see the end product.

Make sure you post a before and after pic when you are finished.
Likewise. It'll be interesting to see what comes out of this little project.

Reactions: TheVostokGuy

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started with this group of pieces...

And less than an hour later...

As you can see, just simple things like a bezel swap and a new bracelet can turn an already great watch into a total stunner! I've always wanted to do this combination, and I'm really glad I did, as it came out beautifully.

·
Registered
489 Posts
OH DUDE! That look totally rocks!

If you don't mind, can you post a link where you got the bezel? Maybe a little how-to on how to take out that bezel and replace it with the aftermarket one?

Reactions: scotty

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH DUDE! That look totally rocks!

If you don't mind, can you post a link where you got the bezel? Maybe a little how-to on how to take out that bezel and replace it with the aftermarket one?
Thank you! Truth be told, I had never done any major mods to a watch until now, and I'm just glad I didn't screw it up. As for a how-to on the bezel mod, I will be glad to, as I want to see more modded Amphibias here! Removing the stock bezel is actually pretty simple with the right tool, and installing the new one is just as easy. :)

The aftermarket bezels are available on eBay for pretty much every contemporary model Amphibia available today. You can get them ready-to-go with an insert pre-installed (like I did) or you can get one and add your own insert. The bezel accommodates any insert for the Seiko SKX, 7002, 6306 or 6309. Just simply search for 'Vostok Amphibia Bezel' and you'll find them!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Congrats. Cool looking piece🏼🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Vostok Guy
I got my Scuba Dude after a 20 day wait.
Consigned cheepie bracelet to waste bin.
Next project is to copy cat the bezel you
added.
Dude has adopted some mercurial habits.
When it arrived it was +6 secs pd. Has now
increased to 10+ secs pd.
Perhaps the way I position it on my end table
over night?

Lou Snutt

·
Super Moderator
10,632 Posts
Yowza VostokGuy, how awesome is that?! :eek: :eek: Unbelievably nice job there !!! ..Thought it looked great in stock form, but it looks amazing now. The bezel totally changes the feel of the watch. You get that beautiful pepsi theme, but also cool diver guy. Then the mesh kicks things up too , and refines things further ! :smile-thumb2:Beautiful ! Huge congrats VG !!!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Thank you! Truth be told, I had never done any major mods to a watch until now, and I'm just glad I didn't screw it up. As for a how-to on the bezel mod, I will be glad to, as I want to see more modded Amphibias here! Removing the stock bezel is actually pretty simple with the right tool, and installing the new one is just as easy. :)

The aftermarket bezels are available on eBay for pretty much every contemporary model Amphibia available today. You can get them ready-to-go with an insert pre-installed (like I did) or you can get one and add your own insert. The bezel accommodates any insert for the Seiko SKX, 7002, 6306 or 6309. Just simply search for 'Vostok Amphibia Bezel' and you'll find them!
Thanks for the tip, TVG. I'm looking at eBay right now and there are a lot of options to choose from indeed.

Does this mod add the tactile "clicking" response to the bezel when you turn it? Not that I'm complaining about how the current bezel moves; just curious.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Very well done, it completely transforms the watch! "The Vostok that never was" :smileyface_hand_cla

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the tip, TVG. I'm looking at eBay right now and there are a lot of options to choose from indeed.

Does this mod add the tactile "clicking" response to the bezel when you turn it? Not that I'm complaining about how the current bezel moves; just curious.
It doesn't add the click, sadly. That's something I don't believe any Russian-built dive watch will have, due to their own design philosophies.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
It doesn't add the click, sadly. That's something I don't believe any Russian-built dive watch will have, due to their own design philosophies.
no audible clicks on russky ops...run silent run deadly...

the OEM VOSTOK aka BOSTOK...means " east " comes OEM with silent BI-DIRECTIONAL ELAPSED TIME BEZEL...there are no clicks or ratchets...the bezel is smooth and you have to get used to it...the bezel markers take a little getting used to ...a little logic and right brain action does it...

poor man's diver for sure...the AK-47 of the dive watch world... use her hard like a dirty puta for 10 years... built to run for a decade...loving mine...gardening...bicycle..chores... no vault queen

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the AK-47 of the dive watch world...
Yup, and just like its comrade, the Amphibia is built tough. You can abuse it and it just keeps chugging along. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts