Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Original Deal

James posted a link to the above "deal", and I finally got a hold of mine, 30 minutes ago. I used a CC with my billing address in PA (where my Mom stays), and she just just arrived for the holidays and handed it to me. :)

Please check the original link for specs, and here are a few quick "flash" pics. :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
imported post

I picked up 2 of these during the deal, I'm not sure what I'll use them for yet. Maybe a watch travel case, maybe gun storage. Either way it seemed like an awesome deal, too good to pass up.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

That is exactly the same one I got also from that deal. For $9 I am VERY happy and will be using it just like you pictured for the next Freeky Gathering!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
. . . for $9 ??!?!!?!?! Somebody should have woken me up, I missed that one . . . .:BE
I must have been sleeping on this one as well. Missed it. :(

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

the special was on this site - http://www.1saleaday.com/

Was For - Aluminum Hard Case for Photo/Video Equipment Customizable for all your Equipment with High Density Cubed Foam Inserts & Dual Keypad Locks

Cost was $9.99

Was a good deal!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

I missed a similar deal last year and vowed to join in this time.

I think I'm going to stick with 8 slots, giving each watch plenty of room.

Honestly, beyond using this to take some watches to a local GGT (which is a great reason), I probably won't really use it. However, $15 shipped, made it worthwhile.

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

I picked up 4 of them at this low price. One is already converted and working on the other three as we speak. CARL

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

TheWatchGeek wrote:
I picked up 4 of them at this low price. One is already converted and working on the other three as we speak. CARL
Would love to see a picture of how you set yours up Carl if possible.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
TheWatchGeek wrote:
Would love to see a picture of how you set yours up Carl if possible.
Me too! I've been scouring the internet looking for examples of how best to cut the foam and what material/which pillows to use.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Mine just arrived. It is well worth the money..... Keep an eye out for this the next time it shows up.

Sakar Aluminum Hard Case for Photo/Video Equipment (& WATCHES!) for $9.99 +$5.99 shipping!

This professional heavy-duty hard case is the perfect solution for keeping your expensive camera or camcorder and accessories from being crushed or bounced around while you travel.

Knowing that your precious gear is well protected allows you to transport them worry-free - perfect for on-location shoots or airline travel.

The case can be customized it to your equipment using the high-density foam inserts that detach and may be added or removed for size.

Features include:
  • Holds Digital SLR, Film SLR, Camcorders, GPS, Portable DVD Players, Flashes, Lenses, etc...
  • Heavy Duty Reinforced Hard Case
  • Rubber integrated bottom feet
  • Adjustable & Removable Shoulder Strap
  • Dual Keyed Secure Locks
  • Aluminum Reinforced Corners
  • Heavy Duty Hinges
  • Adjustable and Removable Dividers
  • Tongue & Groove Lid
  • High Density Foam
  • Removable Diced Cube Foam
  • Aluminum Hard Side Construction
  • Outside Dimensions 13" L X 10 1/4" W X 5 1/8" D
  • Inside Dimensions 12 3/8" L X 9 5/8" W X 4 1/2" D
  • 1 Year manufactures Warranty

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

I only picked up one and it hasnt arrived yet. not sure how I will use it yet as I have one of the Croton travelers. I would like also to see how others are cutting theres.

·
Super Freak
4,827 Posts
imported post

I purchased my cases last year to use on a few GT. I'm not keeping them because I prefer something better but they work. When using them be quite cautious not to wear them over your shoulder of your watch arm. When carrying it over your shoulder if your watch is not protected by a sleeve then it will rub on the rough case scratching up your clasp.

This is a picture at my first GGT.

By my 2nd GT I made the interiors work much better for the watches.

Anyone planning to keep these cases and planing to use the shoulder straps should also replace the hooks on the end of the straps or the entire shoulder straps.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

By my 2nd GT I made the interiors work much better for the watches.

BB; What did you use as pillows in this second shot?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.