Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This brand is quickly becoming extinct. Citizen is the new owner of Alpina and Frederique Constant. Therefore they will proceed to ruin the brand like they do everything else they own.
I was lucky enough to find this watch brand new at a jeweler. Probably one of the last ones you will ever see.
It is the Alpina Startimer Pilot. Goodies include,
A stainless steel case with a stainless steel bracelet. DLC Gunmetal on both. Royal Navy blue dial with luminous white leaf-style hands and Arabic numeral hour markers. Date display at the 3 o'clock position. Alpina calibre AL-525 automatic movement/modified Sellita SW200-1.Power reserve of approximately 38 hours. Sapphire crystal. Screw down crown. Solid case back. Case size: 44x11x48 Lug width is 22 mm. Butterfly deployment clasp. Water resistant at 100 meters / 330 feet. This is a class watch with pin in tube I type bracelet. I have owned it for about 8 hours and already know this will be one of my favorites.

Super Moderator
Forza, that is a real beauty that is for sure, and can see why it is already
a favorite to tell the truth ! 馃樀馃槈 The way it finds this cool way of bridging
the classic pilot's watch look with a fresh new take is just excellent I think.
Just the little changes with markers, numbers, and hands is enough by
itself. However, even the crown changes things slightly. While the clasp,
and even finish are off the charts as well. 馃槷

Oh, and how about that epic movement? That is the icing on the cake !
Didn't know about the Citizen thing sir. But am so glad you were able to
add this stunner into the fold. Wishing you a GIANT congrats here !!!

Registered
I like that, it has that little bit extra that elevates it, over other brands, in looks and quality. Very nice.

I鈥檓 an Alpina fan, they seem to do the little things that elevate the looks and quality. Sad that it will probably kicked to the side of road. If Citizen keeps it going, I imagine they will cheapen it drastically.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I like that, it has that little bit extra that elevates it, over other brands, in looks and quality. Very nice.

I鈥檓 an Alpina fan, they seem to do the little things that elevate the looks and quality. Sad that it will probably kicked to the side of road. If Citizen keeps it going, I imagine they will cheapen it drastically.
Congratulations. Still rolling
Thanks fellow Freeks. Yes, it's a shame to see one of the remaining independents get eaten up by the big machine.
Will they be a hands off owner and let them do their thing ? Or will we soon see Miyota movements in Alpina and Frederique Constant cases ? The future will be interesting. I really like this brand. The affordable Swiss watch market is shrinking more and more all the time. Hate to see that.:(

Registered
I love that watch. I have a catalog of theirs, that's the watch on the cover, it's ss though. I pulled it out while packing (working on the road) and almost brought with me just for ogling, but I wore it out before I left. Those applied numerals/markers are rich, and that's a great dial color too. Congratulations fo! Thanks for the great pics too, that bracelet (and all) looks sooo good, and well made.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I love that watch. I have a catalog of theirs, that's the watch on the cover, it's ss though. I pulled it out while packing (working on the road) and almost brought with me just for ogling, but I wore it out before I left. Those applied numerals/markers are rich, and that's a great dial color too. Congratulations fo! Thanks for the great pics too, that bracelet (and all) looks sooo good, and well made.
Thanks man... It is very comfortable and very well constructed. Needless to say I am very happy with it.馃榿

1 - 7 of 7 Posts