Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not a watch :D After a string of espresso machines (the first one a hand operated Saeco) ending in a Nespresso machine, two days ago I took delivery of another Saeco, a fully automatic machine this time. Completely stainless steel and more functions and setting than the Starship Enterprise :D You can program the settings for 6 different users and can tweek everything from the amount of coffee, water, water temperature and water/coffee ratio. This is the first machine that actually delivers good cappuccino froth. Dense, thick foam. I've loaded it with Lavazo D'oro beans now, pure bliss!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Wow!!!! Very nice. I'm jealous.

I have one too. Not automatic, have to pack own bowl and tamp it. Haven't used it in a fee years sadly. No space at my apartment. Nice purchase bro.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Very nice Frans,I always find it helpful to have this nearby my machine at all times.

Reactions: GoodWatch

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anne loves the cappuccino, it works every time. I'm tweaking my espresso now. Luckily there's a huge coffee machine/bean store nearby so I'll be on the hunt for new beans (kilo bag).

·
Registered
517 Posts
I am embarrassed to say that I am a fan of no fuss no muss plain ole instant coffee. No machines of any kind for me. I microwave a cup of water with a half inch of milk for 75 seconds then add a little sugar and badabing my plebeian taste is satisfied.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Outstanding!

We have a very simple DeLonghi, which does just fine; but it doesn't hold a candle to your
"smart" espresso machine.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am embarrassed to say that I am a fan of no fuss no muss plain ole instant coffee. No machines of any kind for me. I microwave a cup of water with a half inch of milk for 75 seconds then add a little sugar and badabing my plebeian taste is satisfied.

Ever thought about a Nespresso machine? Switch on, drop capsule in, press button, drink good coffee. No fuss and no mess :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Yes that coffee machine is awesome, but no more gadgets for me. My kitchen cabinets are full of "stuff" we haven't used in years. I no longer desire or have any more room for any more stuff. Especially if I have to clean the gadget before putting it away.

Soon I will hold a yard sale and sell all that stuff and move into a bachelor pad, which at my age is called a condo.

I used to have a juicer machine so powerful that it would blend a brick. Then it occurred to me that I could just eat the apple or the orange. What was I thinking?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have a smaller Nespresso machine that gets used every so often. Great stuff for a smaller machine that is quick and easy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts