Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

:b:b:b:b

The other night, during the Croton show I was half watching , half not since I was working on my computer and I had already spent the budget for this series of shows. While I was “sort-of” paying attention the Super C Square came on (Croton Men's Super C Square Automatic Stainless Steel & Rubber Bracelet Watch - J177976). I heard David (“Merm”) recanting that there were no more to be produced because of the expense and technical difficulty in producing a square sapphire crystal of this size, All of the Super C Square were only certified to 10 ATM because at 20 ATM half of the crystals failed. I also noticed Shawn’s reactions, especially when Merm was speaking and Shawn thought he was “off camera”. Shawn was absolutely enamored with the watch. I was somewhat intrigued. Even though “I don’t do square” , the pictures on the website and from what I saw in the TV shots left the watch looking, I can only say drab and uninteresting , I was sufficiently curious to order one on Value Pay, which I do when I think I will probably return the watch to the Shop (ties up less money till refund).

The Square Super C arrived this morning. This watch has got to be one of the most difficult to photograph because NOTHING I had seen prepared me for this watch in real time. This has got to be THE BEST “low expectations” watch I have ever gotten. The watch is so intriguing it is both elegant and Hi-Tech. The contrast between of the brushed and polished silver bezel along with the size and shape gives it an understated grandeur and strength which makes the white, raised numerals “pop”. The MOP inner dial is magnificent with orient, shimmering in greens, orange and purples even in low light and the transition to the 3d carbon fibre outer dial is a study in texture. When taken as a whole this watch has earned significant wrist time even though the original destination was intended to be part of the un-worn. If they are still available and you have even the slightest inkling --- pull the trigger! I am including a few pics from my Blackberry phone trying to represent the Bezel and magnificent face

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Nice piece. Enjoy it. I am not a square watch guy but this does look special. I have a Super C and love it.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
imported post

WHOA!

To be honest... I'm surprised how AWESOME your new Croton really looks!

The square shape really never did anything for me, however it may be time to reconsider.. I've got a Chocolate Super C, and I just love it!

Congrats on the recent addition to your collection!

Thanks for Sharing!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

That a cool looking watch! I like the case design on this!

I've heard the the Croton Super C is a model worth owning . . . now it looks like there are several designs to be had!

Congrats on your new timepiece and ENJOY!

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

Rick - i have a super C Electro and am very happy with it!!

CurrentTime wrote:
That a cool looking watch! I like the case design on this!

I've heard the the Croton Super C is a model worth owning . . . now it looks like there are several designs to be had!

Congrats on your new timepiece and ENJOY!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Thanks for all of the kind comments
-Ed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.