Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on the lookout for a bronze watch for years. Had to fit a few criteria:

45mm or more
green sandwich dial
swiss movement
under $2000

I was in contact with Montres-Militarie a while back who informed me that they would have something out soon. That was a year ago. I've had a Chrome plugin monitoring their website ever since. The website finally changed, but because it now redirects to a new watch company Nethuns. Appears Montres-Militaire changed their name and they slipped right past me. Anyway, I've been looking them over and figured they are worth a mention. Enjoy!

TECHNICAL DETAILS
CASE WIDTH Diameter 45mm, brushed bronze (alloy of copper and tin).
BACK Brushed titanium, 3.7mm thick.
CRYSTAL Double-domed sapphire crystal, 4.4mm thick with anti-reflective coating.
WATER-RESISTANCE30 bar (~300 metres).
MOVEMENT Hand-wound mechanical, swiss made ETA Unitas 6497, 17 jewels, power reserve 46 hours.
FUNCTIONS Hours, minutes, small seconds at 9 o'clock.
BEZEL Brushed bronze with polished edges. Anti-clockwise rotating bezel with diving scale.
CROWN Brushed bronze with a unique crown guard.
DIAL 2 layer dial, bronze with gold color sub-dial (SuperLuminova Arabic numerals and markers).
STRAP Sporty black rubber strap with large size bronze buckle.

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
I was going to say that they look like Montres-Militaire, but then I went back and read that they have changed their name. They make nice watches, though not really my style.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I pulled the trigger! Been a few years since I got myself a watch. Will share the hell out of it once it arrives!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.