Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been active in a long time. Things got busy with family and work. I've been lurking though.

I've been looking for a 6105 homage for years now that fit my budget and quality level. This one popped up in my IG feed and I got lucky. It was showing as out of stock on Nethuns site, but as it turns out, Nethuns had one more black dial left. Very good communication and fast shipping from Nethuns. From ordered place to on wrist was 5 days.

Fantastic piece for the money. Finishing is really good (brushing could be better, but for the price paid it hits the mark well). Coin edge bezel is crisp and clicky, dial is a sunburst dial with applied markers, bezel insert is a lumed ceramic, Movement is a Seiko NH35. LUME is Superluminovs BGW9. LUME could be better, but it is evenly applied and lasts all night.

I did some research and overall case dimensions are pretty faithful to the original, even the box sapphire crystal mimics the box hardlex of the original.

It does have 22mm lugs making it more strap freiendly than the originals 19mm. And the handset is all Nethuns. Same baton handset used on their Lava model.

Needs a proper Uncle Seiko waffle though. The included waffle attracts lint, although the signed buckle is nicely done.

All in all. I'm in love. For $339 shipped, it's a great value. I totally get the love for the 6105 case now.

This watch has made me a Nethuns fan. They are right behind Borealis in my book for a high quality affordable micro. If I ever get around to it, between all the other watches that are on my list, I might pick up the orange dial they have.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yes right up my street, I like it. Another brand I am not too familiar with, some very temping pieces on the site as well. I will certainly be taking a closer look. Enjoy

Sent from my S10_Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: zaskar36

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Welcome back Zask, and a giant congratulations to you on this one !!! :smile1:

Man oh man, it's fantastic how much effort Nethunes put into making
this stunner dot all of the i's, and cross all of the t's. I mean it seriously
looks vintage at first glance. Then you can almost feel the weight, and
are in awe of just the brushing on the case, and height of that crystal.
Even the straps are perfect. ..As is that lume ! :jaw:

Thinking this will get a ton of wrist time. Hope you really enjoy !

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome back Zask, and a giant congratulations to you on this one !!! :smile1:

Man oh man, it's fantastic how much effort Nethunes put into making
this stunner dot all of the i's, and cross all of the t's. I mean it seriously
looks vintage at first glance. Then you can almost feel the weight, and
are in awe of just the brushing on the case, and height of that crystal.
Even the straps are perfect. ..As is that lume ! :jaw:

Thinking this will get a ton of wrist time. Hope you really enjoy !
Yes...it's been getting a lot of wrist time since it came. I started the day with my Steinhart GMT. I came home for lunch and it was back on my wrist before I went back to work.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes right up my street, I like it. Another brand I am not too familiar with, some very temping pieces on the site as well. I will certainly be taking a closer look. Enjoy

Sent from my S10_Pro using Tapatalk
Another reason I wanted to post. Nethuns doesn't seem to get much love on the forums. They are definitely worthy of more attention than what they get.

Heck, I wouldn't have known they came out with a 6105 homeage, if it wasn't for IG suggesting their post on the all black PVD version of the Aqua Steel.

Their quality/price ratio makes them worthy of more attention.

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Yes...it's been getting a lot of wrist time since it came. I started the day with my Steinhart GMT. I came home for lunch and it was back on my wrist before I went back to work.

So cool to hear, and that's saying a lot for it to unseat the Steinhart for
the rest of the day like that sir. :thumb: It really looks like an impressive watch,
and I hope it continues to put a smile on your face. :)

Thanks so much for posting, and also for shedding some light on the brand !

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I think lume is overrated. But that blue glows real nice. As far as the bezel goes. The pip is really all that matters. But it does look good anyway. Great movement. Unique crystal. Great addition to your collection. Congrats and enjoy. :smile-thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts