Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Been a while since I've been on here. Wanted to pop in and ask for your help on finding a new watch to fit my needs, or more rather, my wants. You all are chalked full of great information, so I thought, who better to ask.

My criteria are:

1. Under $1000 USD.
  2. Automatic.
  3. Round or roundish case, 42-47mm.
  4. Arabic numerals.
  5. Easy to read.
  6. Changeable strap.
  7. Prefer day, date.
  8. Casual, sporty.
Here are some examples of watches I like. Please let me know of other options you may know of that fit the criteria:
First up, this Sea-gull shows the simple, clean look I want. I've not seen one in person though so I'm not sure how nice it really looks. Anyone have experience with this watch?

I also like the clean look of this Tissot:

And this one, although it does not have Arabic numerals, it is sporty and somewhat clean looking:

Now, as much as I like these, I'm not really a fan of the small seconds dial. I prefer a big, sweepin second hand.

Here is one more favorite of mine, I just really dig the looks, style & detail of this watch. Its a little busy but the detail is superb:

Thanks for any help all!

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hamilton all day long.

In my opinion one of the best values for the dollar on the market. Sapphire crystals, solid quality ETA movements, excellent history.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Alpina Startimer Pilot LE. 44mm, Swiss auto, 100M WR. Under $1K pre-owned.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
I vote Hammy too.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Your post is confusing, you say you want something simple and clean, show us the Seagull, which is all of the that, and then show us 3 Chronographs which are anything but clean and simple??

If you want a reasonably priced watch (under $400) Arabic numerals, sapphire crystal, 100m WR and a great in-house movement ( Seiko 6R15 hacks, hand winds, 50 hour power reserve), get the Seiko Sarg009.

It's the poor man's Rolex Explorer. Mine runs a consistent +4 seconds a day.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Illnpm you
Have two for you

Or email me if Tutima is on your mind
A Di300 Pacific or SS Pacific 200
Both mint and one is ready to go for $650 which is rare

1 - 14 of 14 Posts