Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

So the SL Atlantis that I posted yesterday was purchased from a WatchGeek (modestly used), but the bracelet has been driving me crazy as it has an excessive amount of scratches per my liking.

What's that stuff you guys are using to get scratches out and where do I get it.? Also what other polishing suggestions do you have? These are only light scuffs/scratches, but enough to bother me. I don't think I've let any of my time pieces get like this whatsoever. Not gonna mention any names, but the guy just didn't take care of this fine piece like he should have.

Hope you guys can give me some good suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

if its brushed steel, i use a scothbrite pad, and go in one smooth direction to buff out the scratches....if the scratches are bad, ill do it in both directions, horizontal and vertical, but always finish vertical...

if its a high polish watch................um well, im not expereinced enough with that, because i dont buy high polish watches, so send it off to CJ.........if hes willing to polish a watch for an old man like you....lol

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm not an expert and I bow to several others here with more experience.

I use Cape Cod cloths on mirror SS and Scotch Brite pads on brushed SS. Go slowly and carefully and stop when you get the desired results.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

tattoo chef wrote:
if its brushed steel, i use a scothbrite pad, and go in one smooth direction to buff out the scratches....if the scratches are bad, ill do it in both directions, horizontal and vertical, but always finish vertical...

if its a high polish watch................um well, im not expereinced enough with that, because i dont buy high polish watches, so send it off to CJ.........if hes willing to polish a watch for an old man like you....lol
Thank you for your suggestions sir, or should I say, Mr. Young & dumb and fulla ..................??

LOL. Remember. Better to be a has been than a never was!! And yes, I am old this is true.So I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once.... as I ever was!!!

Caio Mr. Tattoo Chef and thank you again. :t

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:

I use Cape Cod cloths on mirror SS and Scotch Brite pads on brushed SS. Go slowly and carefully and stop when you get the desired results.
Cape Cod cloths! That's what I was tryin to remember! Where'd you get'em?

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
Spaceview wrote:

Cape Cod cloths! That's what I was tryin to remember! Where'd you get'em?
You can buy them on-line. I got mine at ACE hardware. They come in a small pouch or a large tub. Check this out.....

http://www.watchfreeks.com/view_topic.php?id=1943&forum_id=49

PS; I put a new crystal on the Swiss Army used in the above link and wear it as my yard work beater still.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Honestly, Cape Cod cloths leave too many micro-scratches for me. I can't see putting all that work into polishing something, only to leave scratches behind.

This is what I used to refinish the SAII on Wednesday (and that I'm using right now for the Reserve SA) . . .

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Honestly, Cape Cod cloths leave too many micro-scratches for me. I can't see putting all that work into polishing something, only to leave scratches behind.

This is what I used to refinish the SAII on Wednesday (and that I'm using right now for the Reserve SA) . . .

All that????? Unreal!!! How bout if I send you mine since you're just down the road? That bracelet looks "smokin"!!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

arnie11 wrote:
CurrentTime wrote:

All that????? Unreal!!! How bout if I send you mine since you're just down the road? That bracelet looks "smokin"!!!
Thanks . . .and that was BEFORE I polished it!

Send it on over! If you want to do this, send me a PM. :)

I'll have the Reserve SA done by the end of the day.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

TOO LATE -LOOKS LIKE WE GOT AN EAST COAST VERSION OF YOU!!!!

YOU'VE BEEN DETHRONED BUDDY!!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%

Seattle wrote:
Hey Arnie, sorry I missed this somehow...you can always send it to me and I would be more than happy to "get it right" for ya (no charge of course)

CJ

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Crap, I missed the part where Rick offered.....my bad!!
I know Rick can do awesome work!

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:

Seattle wrote:
Hey Arnie, sorry I missed this somehow...you can always send it to me and I would be more than happy to "get it right" for ya (no charge of course)

CJ

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:
Crap, I missed the part where Rick offered.....my bad!!
I know Rick can do awesome work!

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:

Seattle wrote:

CJ
:lol:lol

For the work that Arnie needed done, I knew I could knock it out the day I receive it, and get it right back in the mail.

I knew you'd understand! :t

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

RICK I know you're trying to be nice but it's time CJ woke up to the fact that he no longer has the POLISHING THRONE at hand

the sooner he realizes that we DONT NEED HIM ANYMORE!! the better for his little EGO to go in a corner and sulk .... i mean heal!!!!

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

CurrentTime wrote:
For the work that Arnie needed done, I knew I could knock it out the day I receive it, and get it right back in the mail.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Consider me gone..........I'm done with Freeks:(
Thanks George:(

CJ

You wish, you knuckle dragging, sister kissin, participle dangling New Yorker!!!!:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

WATCHURSELF wrote:
RICK I know you're trying to be nice but it's time CJ woke up to the fact that he no longer has the POLISHING THRONE at hand

the sooner he realizes that we DONT NEED HIM ANYMORE!! the better for his little EGO to go in a corner and sulk .... i mean heal!!!!

CurrentTime wrote:

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

F-em CJ

you the dog world wide my brother, West Coast East Coast your tops in my book Brother! Now take any offense East Coasters "it is what it is" !

Seattle wrote:

CJ

You wish, you knuckle dragging, sister kissin, participle dangling New Yorker!!!!:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

WATCHURSELF wrote:

CurrentTime wrote:

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I got the Rip man watchin my back; that's big time folks, so back off!!!:%:%:%:%

CJ

RipitRon wrote:
F-em CJ

you the dog world wide my brother, West Coast East Coast your tops in my book Brother! Now take any offense East Coasters "it is what it is" !

Seattle wrote:

CJ

WATCHURSELF wrote:

CurrentTime wrote:

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:

CJ
Thanks so much CJ!! Much appreciated Bro! And when you say you got Rip watchin your back, you ain't kiddin!

Sh*t! He hack squats 1250!!!! Man could kick I guy into next week!!! :c

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.