Watch Freeks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im requesting help with my new movado Datron chronograph watch i just bought it and its pretty awesome but im new to the chronograph functions I've been playing with it and know how to use the stop watch function but now i want the watch to go to its normal function and don't know how to get it there the big hands ( hour and minute) are still calculating time, but the seconds hand is just sitting there at 12 waiting for me to use the watch as a stopwatch... how do you make it work again as a seconds counter? thanks

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
The center hand is the chronograph seconds hand, not the running seconds hand.

What type of watch are you talking about? More than likely, the running seconds hand is on one of the subdials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just bought the movado datron chronograph watch and it has 3 hands - hour, minute, and seconds hand... but playing around with the stop watch function now the seconds hand is at 12 o'clock and won't move im assuming its on stop watch function and i just want it to go back to counting seconds if that is what it does... sorry im new to the chronograph style watches... thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so i do see one of the sundials has a seconds hand moving.. does this mean the seconds hand on the watch itself never moves unless i use the stop watch?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
That sub-dial is your continuous seconds hand, and what you would normally consider to be a seconds hand (the one that's "stuck" on the 12) is part of your chronograph (timer) function. Most likely, the top pusher engages the chronograph, and that's when you'll see that seconds hand start to move. When you press the top pusher again, it should stop the chronograph to register the minutes, seconds, 10th of a second, whatever of the event you were timing. Hit the bottom pusher, and it will reset the chronograph so it's ready to time your next event.

Didn't the watch come with an owner's manual? You can also find plenty of videos on YouTube that demonstrate the use of chronographs.

Enjoy your Movado!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts