Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,

I am in the process of thinking of purchasing a used Jubilee 2 tone bracelet for my Rolex oyster perpetual datejust and need your advice if this bracelet is authentic. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Peter

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
The photographs become blurry when enlarged - for me anyway.

Have you had a Rolex AD look at it or asked on a Rolex forum, if you're on one?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The photographs become blurry when enlarged - for me anyway.

Have you had a Rolex AD look at it or asked on a Rolex forum, if you're on one?
I tried posting on a Rolex forum but had to have a certain amount of posts to be able to submit a question with photos.
This item is sold on Ebay no chance to bring it to an AD.

Thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
You don't want this answer I guess but when in doubt: walk away! Is it offered as an authentic Rolex bracelet? I have learned the hard way and now fist look at the number of sales, the number of years the seller is on eBay, the feedback rating and the number of individual feedbacks. Still this is no guarantee. And does he/she do returns?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't want this answer I guess but when in doubt: walk away! Is it offered as an authentic Rolex bracelet? I have learned the hard way and now fist look at the number of sales, the number of years the seller is on eBay, the feedback rating and the number of individual feedbacks. Still this is no guarantee. And does he/she do returns?
Yes, offered as authentic Rolex.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Yes, offered as authentic Rolex.

If you are allowed a return you can have it examined at an AD if they are willing (and able) to do this. It sounds like a hassle but it makes the purchase somewhat safer. You will also be able to check for wear because these bracelets (when worn over a longer period) tend to wear noticeable. You can check this by moving the bracelet back and forth on a horizontal plane. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
More pics with stamping

I really am not qualified, in any way, to say anything meaningful regarding the authenticity of this bracelet. I am able, however, to see the bracelet has seen better days. See the marked areas. The links have even eaten into the clasp and into each other.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really am not qualified, in any way, to say anything meaningful regarding the authenticity of this bracelet. I am able, however, to see the bracelet has seen better days. See the marked areas. The links have even eaten into the clasp and into each other.

Thanks for showing this...it might break soon.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Thanks again GoodWatch!
I backed away from the deal.

Good call. Assuming it is authentic, the Rolex name is often used to peddle watches and bracelets that are in very questionable state. Authentic doesn't automatically mean that it's worth the asking price. I've seen cases that were (badly) over polished, bracelets that almost came apart and gold crowns that almost lost their knurling. Still authentic but in fact [email protected] My real name is in my avatar.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Caught and reported another scammer on Ebay....lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stated 18k Authentic.. Gold missing on the links, definitely a fake! Plated...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On this picture ....the links looks like it was painted with Gold Nail Polish....lol

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update....Thank you everyone...I found an authentic jubilee with the help from my watch repair friend...ordered direct from Europe at a decent cost!

On the watch already....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts