Watch Freeks banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just recently started maintaining my own watches, but my Pierre Cardin 3738 is presenting a problem with the bracelet. It was my first good watch and I've had it for 10 years now. It is filthy and scratched and I'm trying my hand at cleaning and polishing it. I've got an ultrasonic bath, but no idea how to detach the bracelet. All the guides online say to get between the lugs, but I don't have any (or at least not the traditional kind). The pins in the side of the band don't respond to a pin-push either. Please help!

:) Kelly

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Looking at it (and not seeing in person to get a feel and really look at it...) it looks like you might need to try harder with a pin tool and hammer it knock those pins out that I see in the links on the part that looks like it attached the case. The other option is the bracelet could be glued or soldered to the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the warm welcome Balad1 :)

Tattoo Chef, you were right, I needed to hammer it really hard to get it to budge and then pull it out with pliers. Fortunately didn't scratch anything either, just a couple of dents in the ends of the pins. They were really stuck in there!

·
11,590 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Welcome to the club. I've got one of these for just those occasions, and many Oris watch pins too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts