Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at the Movado series 800 2600119 the black PVD coated. I like the black theme and how the face isn't so plain like most Movados. This will be my first nice watch. the watch is for graduation so i want something that will last. also preferably a steel band not leather. I'm open to any suggestions just throw some names and ill check them out. the MSRP of the Movado is 1400 but i found it for 700. so the max budget is about 700 give or take a little. Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
I say go for the Movado. However, there are a few other suggestions within the price range that you may find attractive.

If you're OK with a diver style watch, check out a few of these:

Steinhart Ocean Black GMT Ceramic (link)

Steinhart Ocean Black DMC (link)

And maybe these:

Hamilton Jazzmaster Seaview Chrono (link)

Tissot PRC 200 Chrono (link)

Seiko SNKN43 (link)

As far as the band/strap is concerned, you can always replace them to make your watch a little more versatile.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks a lot now i have some deciding to do. does anyone have any experience with the movado series 800 and how they hold up. I would defiantly buy but just wish it wasn't quarts

·
Registered
489 Posts
thanks a lot now i have some deciding to do. does anyone have any experience with the movado series 800 and how they hold up. I would defiantly buy but just wish it wasn't quarts
Quartz watches aren't that bad. I have a few in addition to self-winding automatics and manual winding mechanicals. As a quartz watch, I would suspect that the Movado is as reliable as any quartz-powered watch.

·
Super Moderator
10,668 Posts
Don't have any experince with that Movado Logan, but have never heard a bad thing about Movado, and that one is mean ! :cool: Don't think you would be disappointed ! :) Actually you wouldn't be disappointed with any of these watches Fish found there either. :eek: ..Congratulations here ahead of time on everything !

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hamilton Seaview
Deep blue sea ram
Steinhart ocean 1
Squale
Raven
H20 orca
SEIKO
Longines is a little priced than the others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright I'm gonna go with the movado, nothings caught my eye as much as it has. thank you a lot for the suggestions

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'd give PVD coated a second thought. They look cool but any slight scratch stands out like crazy.

If you want black, check out some of the carbon fiber cased watches from Lum-tec or a polycarbonate cased watch from armourlite.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts