Watch Freeks banner

Need heavy duty water proof strap.

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Llama4322 
#1 ·
Picked up my SUN019 today and the bracelet had a faulty push pin, so I threw it on a Panatime strap I had and I like it a lot. Problem is, the Panatime isn’t water proof, and this watch will be in the pool with me on regular basis come summer.

I have a couple of Hirsh waterproofs (Grand Duke and Carbon fiber) on my other watches, but they would appear to be a little to thin to look right on this beast.

Is anyone familiar with the Hirsch Mariner strap, and how it would hold up to weekly jumps in the pool?

https://www.globalwatchband.com/hirsch-mariner-waterproof-leather-watch-strap-24mm.html

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
No nato or silicone strap ? Such a blasphemy! That's what the watch was destined to be on if you ask me. IMO a nato strap will be the most resilient. Those things can take a punch, or a jump. :p Both from a plane and from a trampoline.

Also, always wash your watch and strap after you get out of the water as sea salt or pool chlorine will damage both the strap and the watch, on the long term.
I have several Natos and Rubber straps, unfortunately none are 24mm. The only Natos I really like are the RAF style which has a cloth keeper instead of the two extra metal links. Makes for a much cleaner looking set up without the strap sticking up like a bow on a Christmas present.

Unfortunately I can't find any RAF Natos in 24mm size.

RAF Strap.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
What about the sailcloth straps at Bradystraps?

I'm considering a blue one for my blue Sumo
I have a blue Brady Sail Cloth, and I believe it isn't water proof. It's also pretty stiff.

Reactions: scotty
Discussion starter · #15 · (Edited)
If is a leather strap you are looking for, I think the Dimodell Chronissimo will look awesome on that watch and is water resistance.
Not my watch.
I had that strap on a Sinn U1, and it never fit right, couldn't get to fit comfortably, either it was too loose, or too tight depending on what hole you used on the strap.

Addendum, I found these on Ebay for $44., which is less then 1/2 the price I paid for the ones on my Sinn. Since they came in 24mm, long, I jumped on it, and they are on the way. Now if they only comfortaby fit? We shall see!

Reactions: Jose G
Discussion starter · #16 ·
If is a leather strap you are looking for, I think the Dimodell Chronissimo will look awesome on that watch and is water resistance.
Not my watch.

That strap on the Marine Master 300 really has me intrigued. I just may have to flip a couple of watches to get it.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
They say they are "water wearable". I've read they've changed a bit. How old is yours?
Mine are about a year old, the outside of the strap is sail cloth, the inside leather, no where have I read are theey suitible for. Swimming??

Discussion starter · #20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.