Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I know we are still a few weeks away from Speedweeks but was curious about the Nascar fans on the forum. Driver likes and dislikes and expectations for the upcoming season. I will start....personally I am a Tony Stewart fan. I see big potential again this coming year for his team. Other than his team I have a hard time seeing anyone beating the Hendricks crew as they will be tough again. Can Jimmie Johnson make it 5?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Hey Mikey, as you know I am a Mark Martin fan. He's a class act and a great race car driver. I too like Tony Stewart, very talented and has a fun persona! Kasey Kahne and Greg Biffle are local boys, hard not to like them too!
...and then we have the lovely Danica........testing is going well for her.
Definitely think JJ can do it again; I guess the question would be, why wouldn't he?
They seem to have everything going for them and than some. Dale Jr. is the weak link and really needs to step his game up. Funny in spite of his lack of success he is still the most popular NASCAR driver???

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I moved to Raleigh, NC in 1999 from NYC and Dc and had no idea how crazy they are down here about Nascar and the drivers in general.

Now I have gone to many of the races at Charlotte and it is CRAZY. there is nothing like seeing 60,000 (SIXTY PLUS THOUSAND) people tailgating, grilling, and drinking before a race. It is nuts but that is the part of NAscar I enjoy, the hanging out before the races eating, drinking, and having fun.

On top of all of that - My wife's father owns one of the better known automotive shops in the area for the past 30 years. He was the 1979 or 78 World Champion funny car drag racer and has all the trophies and stuff to prove it. Also his shop builds many of the engines for a lot of the cars on the Nascar circuit. It is pretty cool but all my wife's father, brother, and family talk about sometimes is racing, lol

Personally I still am not into the sport at all, but if I had to choose someone I root for it is Ryan Newman.

·
Registered
837 Posts
imported post

Mark Martin fan here. I am a Ford fan so I'm a Rousch fan too. Like CJ, gotta root for the local boys, Biffle and Kahne. My wife has met Biffle when he was just starting out in Portland, she was the track photog when he was racing there and she used to race herself. Not with the winston west boys, more local stuff. I hope someone beats Johnson this year and as good as Stewart is, not a fan, although I do like him more as an owner/driver then before.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I enjoy Nascar but Theresa is crazy about it,she likes Kyle Bush, I like Mark Martin and Dale Jr. I also am an Indy fan Heli Casternevous, Dario Franchitti and Danica Patrick, are my favorites. A few years back a friend comp me two tickets for the Indy race at Chicagoland Speedway. I was hooked! This year Danica will be racing fo Dale Jr., 1 Arca race and 12 nationwide races. She has a two year contract with Jr. and wants to see if she enjoys and can be competitive in Nascar. Plus running the 17 Indy races! What a gal! Lat year My nephew Mickey and his fiancee took me to qualifying and the 500 in Indianapolis, what a great time. Helio won and Danica was third. What nobody knows is that at the beginning of that race she told Andretti she lost a gear on the radio. She still came in third! Looking forward to the upcoming Nascar and Indy races. ....Bob

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Hate Nascar, I mean Hate it. I would rather watch Tennis, then Nascar also known as HickCar, The fans are known as the Toothless aggression Crew! LOL

·
Banned
5,730 Posts
imported post

I use to be a huge fan of NASCAR, Benny Parson and Bobby Allison are my fav's, now it would be Jeff Gordon and Carl Edwards.

Get rid of the C.O.T. and restrictor plates and bring back engineering and horsepower. NASCAR is so boring these days its like watching the old I.R.O.C. series, tennis or fishing. Since the COT I only watch the 2 Daytona, Tallegada and Bristol races. Until NASCAR makes changes, I will not support them.

Get rid of the FOX pre race nonsense. The only rules change for the fans is to have uniform start times.
http://motorsports.fanhouse.com/2009/10/07/new-2010-race-start-times-expected/

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

I gotta go with Jeff Gordon not only for his driving but have you seen the women he hooks up with.

Then there's always.....................................

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Best Ricky Bobby scene ever!

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/vuAUI_0knfk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

My Brother-in-law was a huge Jeff Gordon fan (and my Sister still is). After he passed, his son and I turned my garage into a game room, decorating it with all of Scott's NASCAR memorabilia.

I was a NASCAR fan, back in the 1970s, but not anymore.

I'm a huge F1 fan (and a fan of road-racing, in general).

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

I've got a bunch of the cars plus some other nascar stuff like a jeff gordon coca cola 6pack before he went with pepsi.A long time ago when Jeff just got into winston cup, he had to do the dupont automotive store tours.I was painting at the time so went to the store to get his autograph plus 2 posters signed for my boys.He wasn't in a good mood when I asked him to sign the posters, so I called him a spoiled punk.He signed them anyways.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Hate Nascar, I mean Hate it. I would rather watch Tennis, then Nascar also known as HickCar, The fans are known as the Toothless aggression Crew! LOL
Toothless aggresion crew!I onlylost a crown, the other teeth are still there, :lol! ....Bob

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

In regards to tennis....have you seen some of pro women these days??? Hubba hubba!, I have no problem watching! I don't get, don't plan to (silly scoring system) but hot, sweaty women around in white tennis gear??? Uh, no brainer!!!:%:%:%

CJ

RipitRon wrote:

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

If put into the right perspective, just goes too show you that Nascar isnt all that bad then huh!:%

Because you are right, next to women in Kenya doing there native dances, you dont get to see the women anatomy shake and move around like that every day. Not a bad couple of hrs is it!:b:b:b

Seattle wrote:
In regards to tennis....have you seen some of pro women these days??? Hubba hubba!, I have no problem watching! I don't get, don't plan to (silly scoring system) but hot, sweaty women around in white tennis gear??? Uh, no brainer!!!:%:%:%

CJ

RipitRon wrote:

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

It is the only sport where the announcer could say, "Bubba, you left your lights on and half the crowd would leave"....he he:% JK folks, JK.....

CJ

RipitRon wrote:
If put into the right perspective, just goes too show you that Nascar isnt all that bad then huh!:%

Because you are right, next to women in Kenya doing there native dances, you dont get to see the women anatomy shake and move around like that every day. Not a bad couple of hrs is it!:b:b:b

Seattle wrote:

CJ

RipitRon wrote:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.