Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I thought today could not get any better. Work was productive and I had just gotten my new Zodiac. Very nice.

But then my wife got home today with a surprise that blew me away.

It has been a tough month for us. Our 12 year old dog was put to sleep after she bit our 2 1/2 year old son for no reason at all. It was "her" dog and she is still to this day upset about everything that happened. I took care of all of the sad details with the dog, the hospital, everything, - like you would expect a husband to do. It was just sad all around, but in the end our son is OK and that is all that really mattered.

All the "stuff" with the dog and my son's medical trips was expensive and completely exhausting. These were expenses that could not be avoided and had to be paid. At the same time we all knew about the big SAN Reserve (5216) that was premiered on the Invicta shows. I LOVED that watch ever since the sneak peek pictures were released - ESPECIALLY the two tone black one. But I just could not afford it at the time.

Well tonight, and about 3-4 weeks later my wife comes home with a box and just says to me - "honey, I love you. This is your Christmas present and I just could not wait to give it to you. You have to have it right now." (Of course she also knew that we only had 30 days to return it if there was any problems, haha.). I literally had no idea what she was talking about.

I was completely shocked and had no idea what she had purchased since I was in the NBZ for anything really above a 50-75 steal from Ebay. Apparently she had pretended to go to sleep early that first night the watch aired on TV and run upstairs to our office bought the watch completely without me knowing it. She had it delivered to her office.

Like I said, I had no clue what was in store for me. While the pictures below suck since I took them with my cell phone quickly, I can not tell you how lucky I am to have a wife like mine. I am blown away by her every day.

I am not sure if I mentioned this above but I love my wife!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

WoW that is some story and sorry to hear about your dog and your son. Glad your little boy is doing well...Congrats on such a beautiful watch and what a present to receive...Wear it well and thanks for sharing that story..

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

i wanted to give your wife props here as well James, in case you miss it at the other joint.
You have a truly awesome woman at your side my man. I'm saddened to read about the situation with your pup, but more importantly, your son is well.
That is an amazing gift bud; especially in the wake of the circumstances surrounding it. Congrats on your gifts TVD; your watch and your bride.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

That is just one AWESOME story! I am sorry to hear about your dog and your son and I hope all is well there! You wife is a keeper my friend as she dida very nice thing for you. The watch is absolutely beautiful and I promise you'll LOVE it as I have an SAS and I love mine. CONGRATS and wear it well and in good health!!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Great story! Great looking watch. Wear it well. I have heard it is the best of the best that Invicta has to offer.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you everyone. and now I have to get her a nice watch, lol.

I literally have not been able to stop looking at it, holding it, and wearing it. I have to tell you that this watch is probably the nicest watch I have ever owned. The details on the sides and top are outrageous. When it first aired on TV it looked amazing, but in person it is incredible. I thought my Triple Black SAN III was out of this world, but there is no comparison between the 2. This watch is amazing.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

WOW - what a woman!!

GREAT GREAT GREAT Watch

one of my grails -blk & ss - dont have it, want it, cant get it, missed out, will get it some day!!!

you are a lucky man!!

congrats -wear it well!!

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

By the way TV your pics are really pushing me toward looking hard at that SAS especially if VP's come back. Your wrist looks close to my size and that doesn't look bad at all. I have asked if anyone has some comparison picks between the SAS and the Venom to get a feel for it. Do you have any RD's? If so some comparison picks between the RD and the SAS would be helpful too. I know the SAS is thicker for sure. If I end up having to get an SAS I can tell the wife it was TV's fault.

She won't get it but at least I can have an excuse.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

That is a pretty nice gift. That watch is a "grail" for me. Not sure if I will ever get it. Congrats.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Thats a great watch! Sorry to hear about your dog, but very glad your little guy is ok.

·
Registered
139 Posts
imported post

Sounds like it was a pretty rough month for the entire family! It's tough having to put down a family pet. Glad your son is OK. You are lucky to have a wife that understands your passion for watches!!! Congratz on the new SAS!

·
Registered
471 Posts
imported post

What an unbelievable gift...and I don't mean the watch! Congrats - that is a beautiful piece. You have a wonderful family!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts