Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I am new around here having only recently found this forum. I'm watch mad in general but I particularly love IWC's. I have had a big year to date with collecting and thought you may be interested. Who knows, maybe not? But I love watches and part of the fun is sharing your collection with others...

So it started in January. IWC released the CF3 on the forum. I ordered mine in 2014 but you had to pick them up from a boutique. There is no boutique in New Zealand so I had to wait til we were in New York in January. It was worth the wait....

It's an absolutely stunning watch and I love it. I will post part 2 shortly. :)

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Awesome!! Looking forward to Part 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Waikato7

·
Registered
489 Posts
Excellent! More pics!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part 2

I think, from memory, it was watches and wonders 2014 when IWC announced the Le Petit Prince Big Pilot. I love blue dialled watches and IWC do blue dials like no other. I also wanted a Big Pilot. The decision was a no brainer....

Part 3 to follow soon...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Part 3

This next one was a biggie. A Grail. It's a watch I had wanted since I discovered IWC. Finally getting one was pretty special. I'll let the pics do the talking.

I adore this watch. It's just magical.

Part 4 to follow shortly.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part 4.

This next pick up was unexpected. I met a fellow IWC forum member in NY in January and and again at SIHH later that month. He had an IWC I love. I told him if he ever sells, I would buy. Tragically he passed away a couple of months later. He was an exceptionally nice man. His wife decided to sell his collection. I had to buy this one. So for obvious reasons this is a special watch. IWC's Da Vinci Laureus Edition.

It is a beautiful unique watch with a cool history.

Part 5 to follow.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Really enjoying seeing your collection. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part 5

The next one I picked up,was just a bit of fun. I wanted something that had a few functions and was cool fun to,play around with. It's got an extremely busy dial and I call it the Christmas tree. The manual on its functions is very long. Clever watch though and good fun.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Part 6

Up until now I had mostly bought IWC's. I had a passing interest in Omega but never really looked to hard. I spent a bit of time checking them out and settled on this. Really love it and it won't be my last Omega. Amazed by how solid this watch is and value for $$$ is pretty damn good.

Part 7 soon.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Oh my gosh!!!!!

Those IWCs are spectacular!!!!! Each one could be a grail! I especially like LPP Big Pilot. Just so darn gorgeous and classy!!!!!

Congrats on this outstanding collection, and thanks for sharing the beautiful photos!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh my gosh!!!!!

Those IWCs are spectacular!!!!! Each one could be a grail! I especially like LPP Big Pilot. Just so darn gorgeous and classy!!!!!

Congrats on this outstanding collection, and thanks for sharing the beautiful photos!
Thank you so much! And yes, the LPP BP is gorgeous. It is hands down the prettiest dial I have ever seen. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Part 7.

I just needed a cheapie to mow the lawns and time runs etc. you can't beat a GShock for this sort of thing. It has proved to be very useful.

·
Registered
5,510 Posts
A beautiful, balanced collection. I'm a bit lost for words here. If I had to chose but one it would be the Da Vinci Laureus Edition. Thank you for posting!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Part 8.

I am, as you probably can tell by now, a huge IWC fan. I particular love the vintage collection which was released in 2008. I had 3/6 of the pieces. We were recently in Germany in I found a new old Stock Portuguese. It's a stunning watch and a welcome addition to the collection.

Part 9 coming shortly....

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A beautiful, balanced collection. I'm a bit lost for words here. If I had to chose but one it would be the Da Vinci Laureus Edition. Thank you for posting!
Thank you! That's interesting as the Da Vinci line is not everybody's cup of tea. Personally, it is my favourite IWC line. I love it!!:smile-thumb2:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts