Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting 21 years today I received my share of a trust (RIP Dad).
It's substantial enough that I could easily purchase my two major wants ... or finance my most pressing need.
I need to pour another Vodka (and think about it).

I dislike being a responsible (senior) adult.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
It's not all it's cracked up to ne right sir?!

My very very late condolences on your dad. Many of us
know how that feels unfortunately.

And honestly, I would say just to do what feels right to you
with this Wrascal.

Pressing needs sound important though, I will say that.

·
Watch Freek
282 Posts
My parents orphaned me earlier this year. Even at the age of seventy-three I did not feel ready to become the senior member of the family, so I feel for you -- condolences.

My advice would definitely be to sleep on it for a couple of nights, pour another vodka, and then see if your "major wants" still are o_O

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My wants are just that ... wants.
I've been lusting for a new JD X758 diesel for several years (I'm tired of repairing my current 2007 gas JD); and within the past year I've been wanting a Seiko Springdrive (chances are I'd actually very seldom wear it).

Neither item is as important as needing to update our 30+ year old home. For me: replace some outside wood and a fresh coat of paint / for the bride: update the kitchen and replacing some of the worn flooring.

Thank you for the condolences but my father passed in 2000; this trust was setup to support wife #4 (she recently passed) before being passed along to his surviving kids (5).

Returning to the vodka, or maybe tonight it'll be Canadian.

·
Registered
Omega Day Date, Raymond Weil(s), Seiko(s) and micro brands.
101 Posts
My wants are just that ... wants.
I've been lusting for a new JD X758 diesel for several years (I'm tired of repairing my current 2007 gas JD); and within the past year I've been wanting a Seiko Springdrive (chances are I'd actually very seldom wear it).

Neither item is as important as needing to update our 30+ year old home. For me: replace some outside wood and a fresh coat of paint / for the bride: update the kitchen and replacing some of the worn flooring.

Thank you for the condolences but my father passed in 2000; this trust was setup to support wife #4 (she recently passed) before being passed along to his surviving kids (5).

Returning to the vodka, or maybe tonight it'll be Canadian.
My condolences. Apologies for pulling the post too long on the other side. I'll period out all my comments.

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,910 Posts
My condolences on the passing of your dad!

My wife bought me this out of an inheritance from a Cousin who used to be a Vice President for J.P. Morgan, she is still waiting for her check, in the meantime, she popped for it with her own money.

Watch Hand Arm Analog watch Blue

Reactions: Lawyer Aidroos
1 - 6 of 6 Posts