Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have always liked old stuff. Old leather jackets, classic cars, and of course ... watches. Now, they have to be wearable. 36mm is about as small as I can go. Here are a few of mine.

My absolute favorite watch is thisHeuer Calculator Chrono. My Dad bought this new in 1972 in New Orleans. I found it in his desk drawer a couple of years ago, where it had been sitting for about 30+ years. I had it serviced and it runs like a champ. It keeps about +2 a week. This must have been a huge watch for that time period. It's 45mm across.

A friend on another forum sent me this NOS DOXA. I don't know how old it is, but it's cool and around 36mm.

This Jenny Swiss diver chrono is about 38mm. It's from Jenny who now owns DOXA.

Last is a 40mm Aquastar Seatime with an internal bezel. This one is from the late 60's or so.

~ David

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

David;

Thanks for sharing those. It is nice to see some of hte older styles and brands. Keep them coming.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

A nice collection of vintage timepieces. That Heur at 45mmis very special, I think.I wonder if any other company produced a watch that large back then. Thank you for sharring. Welcome to WatchFreeks David. ....Bob

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

The Heuer Calculator Chrono is AWESOME! Great pictures.

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

Hey Big Dave, i've never seen you wearingthe last two pieces!!:)Have always loved the story behind the Heuer, not only is it a badass watch but it was your dad's and you cant get any better than that!!:c

·
Registered
49 Posts
imported post

Wow, that Heuer is one very special watch! I noted the "automatic" on the dial, and am curious, any idea as to the movement in this watch? For sure, along with its obvious sentimental value, that watch has to be priceless to you. Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

The Heuer Calculator came with the HeuerCalibre 11 and cal 12. I have also seen a few where the crown is between the pushers, and containing a 7750 or something similar. Mine has the Heuer cal 12. It has micro-rotors that wind it. ~ David

·
Registered
14 Posts
imported post

great collection love the doxa it's nice to see a fellow collector that enjoys a vintage piece just as if it was a newbie....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.