Watch Freeks banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I've had this piece for awhile and I like it. The big problem is that it's highly polished. Both the case and bracelet. Well like anything highly polished it's very suceptible to those pesky little scratches and swirl marks. Because of this I haven't been wearing this much lately.

Well the other day I was visiting a local grocery store and next to it was a hardware store. I figured, what the heck, went in and asked if they had Cape Cod Polishing Cloths. They did and I bought some. The use of these has been posted elsewhere many times but this was my first experience using them.

I have to say they work real well. After about a half hour of polishing the shine has reappeared on the bracelet and case and the swirl marks and tiny scratches have virtually disappeared.

I'm real happy with the result and the picture does not do it justice.

The directions say that it can be used on heavily plated items so I'm not sure how this applies to the plating thickness on watches. While I wouldn't recommend it you'll have to be your own best judge.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Look out CJ, it seems TC can do a little rubbing of his own.....:%

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Trust me. I'm strictly bush league. :b

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Oh yeah!! Bet he doesn't whisper nice things while he's rubbing!!!

DOH!!:%:%:%:%:%

Nice work TC, the cloths are great and work on virtually any polished surface. You can even touch up plated finishes, just be sure not to rub too hard or for too long.

CJ

Spaceview wrote:

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

OOH OMG - you are so lucky i'm NOT gonna touch this!!!

:%:%:%:%:%

Seattle wrote:

Nice work TC, the cloths are great and work on virtually any polished surface. You can even touch up plated finishes, just be sure not to rub too hard or for too long.

CJ

Spaceview wrote:

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

:%:%:%:%:%:%:%:%

I was wondering who would be first.....had to be G!!!:c:c:c

WATCHURSELF wrote:
OOH OMG - you are so lucky i'm NOT gonna touch this!!!

:%:%:%:%:%

Seattle wrote:

CJ

Spaceview wrote:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.