Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of an odd one but my 2003 Links just stopped working!!! :(

No sudden jolt or water exposure even though it was serviced before I bought it. Just randomly stopped this evening. Less than a month after buying it. But gutted as its a lovely watch.

Back to where I bought it to see if they can get it sorted on Monday I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well it's all back up and running.

I went back to the Watchfinder boutique in the Royal Exchange, they suspected a battery but sent it off for investigation.

Picked up the watch yesterday and they had indeed replaced the battery, tested the watch for any power drain issues and re-water proofed (with pressure test).

Great service and no hesitation in sorting the problem. Very happy with my TAG Heur Links once again. :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Well it's all back up and running.

I went back to the Watchfinder boutique in the Royal Exchange, they suspected a battery but sent it off for investigation.

Picked up the watch yesterday and they had indeed replaced the battery, tested the watch for any power drain issues and re-water proofed (with pressure test).

Great service and no hesitation in sorting the problem. Very happy with my TAG Heur Links once again. :)
:smile-thumb2: Crisis averted! Congrats!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks guys. Goes to show how used to wearing it I had become. My previous daily watch (Citizen Ecodrive) just didn't feel right haha

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Alex:
My daughter has been awarded two Tag Formula ones for leadership.
1st Tag was 8 years ago. Running great.
2nd Tag is DOA. Thinking it was an expired battery, I took it to local
watch guy and he tells me its a capacitor. Took it to watch guy number
2 who said Tag's don't use capacitors. Ca'Mon watch dudes get together
on what's wrong with her Formula 1.
So she's batting 500% of 1,000%.
Battery tests good. WTF? She says when her company gives her a choice
between a 3rd Tag and a cruise to the Bahamas, it'll be the cruise.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well I bought this particular watch used from Watchfinder so if the same occurs I'll be back to them to sort it.

I'm hoping it's just a battery as I would assume this watch has been going since 2003 when it was first sold. My F1 from December last year is going fine though.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
The battery in her 8 y o Tag is running and the newest battery dies first?
Little confused on that chronolgy. Maybe the newest Tag sat running longer
than the first Tag. In storage nuther words.

·
Registered
233 Posts
8 years! I vote for a battery that tried harder. don't think i get more than 3 years out my my tags. infact, they both need batteries now. yikes.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
This Tag sat, new, in box for 19 yrs in a neighbors closet, she bought it for an old boyfriend, then broke up with him before she could give it to him. Her husband never wears a watch so there it sat.

My wife picked it up for $200 and gave it to me for my birthday, all it needed was a fresh battery and it's finally has a life.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Chazman:
You have some huge good luck.19 years with no luv for a Tag?
Previously posted my daughter's 2nd gift watch from her employers
had died in less than 24 mos. Tag stopped with a good battery.
Local watchmakers have varying diagnosis why watch died.
Need to find Tag expert or send it to a Tag Service Center.
She chose a trip to Cabo San Lucas instead of another tag this
summer.

X traindriver Art

·
Registered
92 Posts
Wise choice of the trip. Had a TAG years ago, fit and finish were no where near as good as even some of the Casio's, Seiko's, and Citizens I've had over the years. Granted it wasn't some super high-end auto or anything - but still for $1000+ I expected better.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I certainly can't complain about the feel of my TAG Links, I'd say it feels the best of the three TAGs I have! The bracelet feels silky smooth and the piece feels solid. Don't get me wrong my Aquaracer is gorgeous but this Links feels the best I have.

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
I certainly can't complain about the feel of my TAG Links, I'd say it feels the best of the three TAGs I have! The bracelet feels silky smooth and the piece feels solid. Don't get me wrong my Aquaracer is gorgeous but this Links feels the best I have.
I agree, I had a Link Chrono Auto a couple of years back, and the only reason I flipped it was I just couldn't get the bracelet to properly fit, too loose, take a link out, too tight.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks guys, in still very pleased with this one and love how it looks.

I tend to wear my two Seiko divers day to day as I didn't want the Link getting a beating when I'm at work, not that I do a particularly manual job but moving IT gear now and again means door frames become my enemy! Haha

So I save this one for evenings and weekends more!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah happened to mine last week , but I just gave it a quick wind and it was running again.:eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts