Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i built this to house my collection:

and will be giving this one away at the PA GGT:

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

very cool my man, i think it looks great, awesome that you built it yourself, i think thats when we know we have the sickness, when we start building are own items to house are watches.......lol......

cant wait to seeit in person in a couple of days.........i guess it will be cool to meet you as well.......lol:cool:

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

very nice and very generous of you!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

really amazing and you are obviously very talented.

questions - so the watches hang thought the openings? How are they held in so they don't fall through? Also, can you put watches with leather bands on that tower.

very very cool!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

the casebacks rest on the rubber lining. yes, leather will work also. it holds 28. 2-10 watch shelves and 1-8 watch shelf with larger openings for wider straps like the RDQ.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

brz wrote:
the casebacks rest on the rubber lining. yes, leather will work also. it holds 28. 2-10 watch shelves and 1-8 watch shelf with larger openings for wider straps like the RDQ.
just awesome my friend.

how many hours did it take for you to construct those towers?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

a few. not too bad once i broke out the table saw, drill press, and nail gun. the solid pieces go pretty quick. making the holes for the watches takes a little longer. the finishing and painting take the longest.

·
Registered
294 Posts
imported post

Very nice case you made BRZ.. great to see a fellow woodworker here... I'm like you ... why buy when you can make your own custom case and have it exactly the way you want it. Congrats brotha..

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

You did a really nice job on the tower. If I have a GGT or FGT in S. TX, do you want to provide one for the drawing?

Since I'm the only one here, it'll be an intimate affair at my place, but the tower will be the GRAND PRIZE if you're on board with the idea...

David

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

if you pay for my flight down i would be happy to provide one :), it's getting too cold up here already. they're predicting snow showers for thurs.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

brz wrote:
if you pay for my flight down i would be happy to provide one :), it's getting too cold up here already. they're predicting snow showers for thurs.
Dude, that tower is definitely worth the price of a Southwest fun fare... Really nice job on the tower!

By the way, high today was +/-80. It's been really nice, the cool front brought the 95+ temps down finally.

David

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

very nice tower and clearly well thought out. excellent work!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts