Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
i am from Germany and a new WATCH FREEKS member.
Two weeks ago I ordered my new DRESS WATCH from a small watch brand in Germany and it arrived yesterday! I wanted a watch that could be worn with a suit or casual shirt, too . The first impression is great - flat, elegant case and a reduced dial in white and black. I also like the glass window on the back, which allows a view of the working automatic movement. One highlight of the watch is the unique system for changing the watch straps, so the watch straps can be easily exchanged in a few seconds. I love it! By the way, there are always 3 watch straps of your choice included.

Here are a few facts about the watch:
Brand: CHRONOVA
Model: MISAR Automatic
Size: 40mm
Case: 316L stainless steel
Movement: Miyota 9015-20A
Light source: SWISS SUPERLUMINOVA C3

A UF 4.jpg

·
Super Moderator
12,854 Posts
Wow, hi Senso ! :)

That is one extra cool introduction to be honest. :D
It’s really neat to have you here with us, and also see
a watch brand I don’t really think we know much about.
Thank you ! (y)

Wow, and it looks like a super sharp watch, as well as
brand. Seriously is a really nice minimalist feel with
these, and how about the finishing, along with all of
those straps?! Wonderful Senso ! A BIG congrats !!!

·
Watch Freek
867 Posts
Hi,
i am from Germany and a new WATCH FREEKS member.
Two weeks ago I ordered my new DRESS WATCH from a small watch brand in Germany and it arrived yesterday! I wanted a watch that could be worn with a suit or casual shirt, too . The first impression is great - flat, elegant case and a reduced dial in white and black. I also like the glass window on the back, which allows a view of the working automatic movement. One highlight of the watch is the unique system for changing the watch straps, so the watch straps can be easily exchanged in a few seconds. I love it! By the way, there are always 3 watch straps of your choice included.

Here are a few facts about the watch:
Brand: CHRONOVA
Model: MISAR Automatic
Size: 40mm
Case: 316L stainless steel
Movement: Miyota 9015-20A
Light source: SWISS SUPERLUMINOVA C3

View attachment 135215 View attachment 135216

View attachment 135217 View attachment 135218

View attachment 135219
I should point out that the quick release bracelet is not unique, and is quite common on many watches these days. I have several myself. I just looked at their website, and the watch is about £450, which isn't expensive, but not fantastically cheap either. I am sure it is well made, and although not to my taste, I can certainly see the attraction. The most important thing of all is that you like, so well done, and enjoy your purchase.

·
Super Moderator
883 Posts
Doesn't look too bad. Sort of a Bauhaus / Max Bill design with loom on the hands lume pips at 12 on a dress watch (which I like, as sometime you are wearing a dress watch at night).

I don't like the look of the quick release system. The two halves together are too long, look ungainly (like a cheap 1970s aftermarket stainless bracelet) and spoil the cleanliness with the seam/line where the bracelet part meets the part attached to the lugs. Maybe using quick release spring bars would provide a similar ease when changing the bracelet/strap, while also offering a cleaner, invisible solution. I can see on the photo of the back that a quick release spring bar slot is integrated into the part attached to the lugs.

I will venture the guess that this watch is made in Asia, not Germany (there is no mention of Made In Germany on the face nor on the back, nor could I find it on the website).

Strangley, on the website itself, both the Quartz and Automatic watches only have 5 star reviews, something I find difficult to believe/trust, but ok, there are only 6 in total. So it is possible, but still, this sounds like some other brands that spam their own comments / reviews :)

And, oddly, on their contact page, the phone number has a country code of +40.. Which is for Romania, not Germany. So that's kind of confusing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the clean style of the watch and it is well made. In my opinion the Miyota 9015 is a very good movement.

The post code must be a mistake on the website, i spoke to them on the phone several times, the company is definitely based in germany. They also have a German commercial register number. Thank you, I will make the company aware of the mistake.

·
6,091 Posts
And now we all know the brand ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s nice, elegant yet masculine, sharp and easy to read, classy and well made despite its tag. I like the look with different straps, elegant to a bit utilitarian. Enjoy! I’m late to the fad, but anyone familiar with bronze divers?

·
Senior Novice
3,192 Posts
Hey Senso, welcome to the forum. I like the understated look, there're so many brands out there how did you decide to drop you coin on this one? How about a shot on the camo strap just for kicks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gorgeous timepiece. Nice presentation too. With so many automatic divers it's refreshing to see a new casual/dress one. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all of you, it's a great forum!
I think, it was the package: clean and classy style, slim case, Miyota 9015 movement, C3, quick change system
and that the watch looks good with different watch straps.

Here is the shot with the camo strap ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts