Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This beauty I purchased about three weeks ago is now DOA. I was away back to Chicago for my youngest son's wedding and when I came back 18 days later, the watch was dead as a door nail in the watch winder.

Tried to reset it and hand wind the 4N36 movement and the crown just freely spun.

Good thing I purchased it with Amazon Prime, back it goes tomorrow.

Shame, it was really a sharp looking watch, but I think I will be taking a pass on Seiko 5's for awhile.

·
Long Time Member
2,456 Posts
Thats not good. I hope you get a better one in the future. Sometimes we get crappers, I know I have got a few from Amazon.
Rod

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Because a certain percentage of all the movements made by any mass producer are defective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, that's just life. And a real bummer when you're the one it happens to.

Agreed, it's a good thing you got it from Amazon they are fantastic when it comes to return issues in my experience.

·
Watch Freek
2,721 Posts
View attachment 80490 I had 2 Seiko's on the trot break. On this one the second hand fell off.
Purchased from Amazon so the return was quick and painless.
Replaced with this View attachment 80498 I have probably been unlucky but I will stick to the Eco-Drives.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Watch Freek
2,721 Posts
All my Eco Drive watches are the bomb, never a minutes trouble.
Quite right, I have six in my rotation at the moment love them all.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
it may be a grey market watch so the following doesn't apply but I sent a Seiko off to get fixed and it was back in my hands in no time at all. Every manufacturer has issues. you just got unlucky. I bought my wife a Seiko 5 15 years ago and its still running. Its a bit off/day but still acceptable.

BTW -- what model # watch is that? I like it

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Reactions: slowmotion

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I had Seiko a decade ago which died due to my negligence. I took it to swimming pool when it wasn't rated as waterproof. I met other people who never had a failure of new Seiko.
I own 4 other Seikos, this is the 1st Seiko 5 I have owned, and the 1st Seiko that crapped out, other then my 1996 Kinetic, but that one lasted 12 years.

·
Premium Member
24,307 Posts
They are grey, but Amazon stands behind them so you are protected. They have a good return policy. I would not hesitate buying from Amazon.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh. oh! Just found out this watch doesn't have the 4N36 hack/hand wind movement, no wonder it wouldn't wind up and stopped, my bad!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.