Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Finally I got my Victorinox Swiss Army Airboss Mach 4. I had to wait a while because Dutch customs had some problems with the forms (wrong pricing) I managed to prevent them from giving me a fine of 226 euro’s :BE it is on my wrist today. This is the one with the Unitas 6498 movement that has 56 hours power reserve. The watch is great but I think the dark brown leather strap does not do it justice and feels cheap so I got a gold brown Hirsch Liberty strap for it but used the original Victorinox buckle. This Hirsch strap looks much better IMO.

Movement: Unitas 6498 handwind
Power Reserve: 56 hours
Crystal: Sapphire
Exhibition back: Yes
Case Diameter: 45mm w/o crowns
Case Thickness: 12mm
Case Diameter w/Top Crown (inner bezel rotator): 50mm
Top Crown Diameter: 9mm
Bottom (winder) Crown Diameter: 7mm
Lug Width: 24mm
Lug to Lug: 54mm
Water Resistant: 100 meters
Lume: Yellow on hands, and zero pos. bezel

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
imported post

A real beauty. You have to love them VSA's

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
imported post

Very nice... I had one for a while, with the bracelet... It ran very accurately as well... :c

·
Registered
640 Posts
imported post

Congrats, really like the inner bezel.
Strap is pretty sweet looking too.

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
imported post

Last month, I picked up a used Airboss Mach 4 at a zinger price and while I don't have such a low opinion of the OEM strap, I have been thinking that a tan strap w/ white stitching would be an improvement. So far, I haven't found one I like that's not custom, which would be large enough for my wrist. I may end up having to get a BJ (strap, that is).

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

You were not kidding about the smoking price for that watch!!! Wow...they have some deals on those!!!! I like the fact that even though it's a 45mm....from lug to lug...I like the 54mm part. Probably wears larger than just 45mm then. I have one 42mm watch that is 52mm from lug to lug and it wears a lot larger!!!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
imported post

That has to be "Thee" Victorniox Timepiece for me. It's high on my want list.

CONGRATS and ENJOY!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
imported post

Very nice.

I've wanted one for awhile, timing just hasn't been right.

Congrats, wear it in good health, and all those other cliche terms.

I really like that watch.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

ChuckW wrote:
Last month, I picked up a used Airboss Mach 4 at a zinger price and while I don't have such a low opinion of the OEM strap, I have been thinking that a tan strap w/ white stitching would be an improvement. So far, I haven't found one I like that's not custom, which would be large enough for my wrist. I may end up having to get a BJ (strap, that is).

I checked out these BJ-straps at the website and I think they look very nice. I say get one for your Swiss Army!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
You were not kidding about the smoking price for that watch!!!  Wow...they have some deals on those!!!!  I like the fact that even though it's a 45mm....from lug to lug...I like the 54mm part.  Probably wears larger than just 45mm then.  I have one 42mm watch that is 52mm from lug to lug and it wears a lot larger!!!

I don’t feel that it wears much larger then a 45. Yes, the lug to lug is 54 but I think the inner bezel makes it look different then a normal diversbezel does.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts