Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have been looking for one of these in excellent condition for a while...well, I finally found one. I picked this Omega Seamaster Pro up a week or so ago and it is awesome! It basically is BNIB...the only thing that was touched was the caseback...which I had mixed feelings about. This watch was picked up on e-bay. The person selling it DID NOT have the COSC card or warranty card so they had the back opened up to check the movement...well, when I got it I did too . I really don't mind the missing cards, because this thing is absolutely perfect (never sized and no scratches anywhere)...Oh yeah, I got it for a great price too!!

Here are some pictures:

Oh yeah...I took a picture of the movement while I was at my watchmaker...

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

Beautiful, wear it in good health.

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

When people comment about the higher end stuff and why it's so much more expensive.

Think about this movement.

It's beautifully decorated and it's behind a solid caseback. That's the difference.

It's the kind of thing that the big guys do.

Great pick-up. Beautiful watch, inside and out.

Thanks for showing it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Gorgeous watch, Mark!

What year was that produced? I have a shot at a 2000 year model and I wonder (+/-) what a 9 yo Seamaster would be worth... It's in reasonably good condition, but it was a daily wear watch. Some polishing and brushing and it would be fine for me. I love Seamasters.

Congrats!

·
Administrator
11,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

I believe that they were produced in 2000 and discontinued. Not sure about the pricing...I would guess if it needs to be "freshened up" it would probably run you around $1000

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

nice omega.The security mark on the caseback would date this one around 2004 and newer.Since the caseback has been removed twice,I'd get a watchmaker to replace the seal and do a wr test.

Omega seamasters pricing for a 2000 model year? depends which one.Alot of different models.Also a service for the 2254 isn't 1000.00.On average, using one of the usa service centers, its 450.00.I've sent in plenty over the years for service.It only climbs up in cost if you send it to bienne for the spa treatment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.