Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oneplus is a new, small company and their first phone, the One, has been in high demand and up to now, sold on an invitation only basis, but as production ramps up, they'll soon be instituting a pre-sale format. The One uses a Snapdragon™ 801 processor with 2.5GHz Quad-core CPU and 3gb RAM, the most powerful yet on the market. With a 5.5" screen, its dimensions are similar to those of the iPhone6 Plus. It has a 5MP front facing camera, a 13MP rear facing camera, and a 3100mAh battery. The CyanogenMod OS, based on Android OS, is designed to be as many configuration options as possible. It currently runs Kitkat 4.4.4, but is supposed to upgrade to Android L (Lollipop? Lemon Meringue Pie?). The 16gb model of the Oneplus One sells for $299, while the 64gb model, like mine, sells for $349, not bad for an unlocked GSM phone with these features.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Been waiting for that to come out to the masses for a while. How do you like it?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been waiting for that to come out to the masses for a while. How do you like it?
I've only begun to play with it, so I haven't had time to find any quirks. I know they've had their share of things that needed update fixes over the past few months, so hopefully, I've gotten a more perfected device. So far, it seems to be extremely fast and responsive. The battery life on these phones is supposed to be impressive. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Design seems nice and simple

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Cool would love to know if it's worth scouring for an invite.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice. I'm not a fan of Android but with this having Cyanogen pre installed, it might get me to go back. Do they have any plans for a tablet? Are those prices contract free?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice. I'm not a fan of Android but with this having Cyanogen pre installed, it might get me to go back. Do they have any plans for a tablet? Are those prices contract free?
Phones are unlocked (no contract). The main drawback is that the demand currently exceeds availability, hence the invite system. They randomly send out invites to owners to distribute as product becomes available and NO, I DON'T YET HAVE ANY INVITES TO GIVE OUT. As I mentioned, they're supposed to make a pre-sale set up soon and I suspect that the phones will be easier to get as time goes on.

Reactions: Shane David Designs
1 - 9 of 9 Posts