Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I needed to buy a watch from Android before they shut down the doors on Android itself. This was the only watch I was interested in that was on the site before the 22nd. It's an Android Firefly. I forget if it was a OOAK or a display item. I have never seen the model before this. A little small compared to my usual watch in measures 40mm, 43mm wide with crown. It actually seems bigger on my wrist probably because the case is 47mm in length about 10mm thick. I didn't realize when I bought it,it has a built in lighted dial. The lume is pretty good on the hands and the red dial really makes it pop! I was a little worried I wouldn't like it I don't like it, I love it!

This will be the last time I see one of these boxes new.

Now the watch!

I guess any Androids I buy from now on will have to be preowned. :(

Reactions: tardis

·
11,575 Posts
Forgive me if this topic has been talked about before....but why is android closing its doors?

A dispute over the watch company name vs the Android OS name. Apparently the watch company will reopen soon using a different brand name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
I figured it was only a matter of time before Google whipped out the lawyers over the name, especially now that the Apple watch has actually materialized.

You never know, some of these Android branded watches might become collectible at some point after the name change.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sucks for Wing...hope he survives after a much deserved vacation. I have about 4-5 Androids and love them all and his customer service is top notch.

Can't wait to see what he comes back with...

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Congrats on your new Android timepiece. He is currently taking some time off to work on new models that he says will debut by the end of the year under a new brand name. It should be very interesting to see what he brings to the table.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know the real reason for Android stopping but I have heard the rumors that Google took him to court but can't find any info on it. I don't know how long Google has been using the name Android compared to how long Wing has been using it. Even if Wing had it before Google fighting Google would be a loosing battle for just about anyone. I am hoping the new brand is still going to be affordable solid watches with great designs like the Androids were. Over the years Android has become one of my favorites in the watch world. I have about 30 Androids now and will probably hang on to them and the few I wanted I will have to search preowned. I am looking forward to see the new line I have loved almost all the Android designs so far.

·
Super Moderator
12,828 Posts
So neat that you picked this up John ! :smile: Not only is it your last new Android, but it's also extra cool too !!! :cool: :cool: That case design is something to see right off the bat, and looks plenty big enough. Then the dial is unlike anything else we see done in watches also. It's totally futuristic, but with the dual crown/compressor look, it's also classic ! BIG congrats on this John ! ENJOY !

·
Long Time Member
1,016 Posts
I bet that watch really looks good in person. That sure is an eye catching face.

·
Long Time Member
1,719 Posts
I didn't know this, but I am not surprised. I really though Android Watch had seniority on the name, but I guess it doesn't matter. Too bad.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice watch! All Androids.... well, I can think of one in particular that didn't appeal to me, but all Androids are awesome watches. I have about 25, give or take 2. I think the color of the dials were simply the best. I bought 4 during the "sell outs" on his site. Nice deals....

:smile-thumb2:

Chuck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts