Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

. . . Hmmmm.

The 2 watches on the left are my nephew's (they were given to him by me), then my SAIII.

I was wearing <36mm watches in 2006 (I think the largest was 40mm, back then)!

My smallest as of 2008 is 45mm!

Seriously . . . can you relate????

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

that is a GREAT picture and really is like a history timeline. Imagine if you went 10 years further back - might be a 35mm Gucci, lol

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Rick, that's an excellent way of looking at your collection! I also went big but I'm finding I really do like the smaller sizes better.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Unfortunately, I can't go back. I know that I'm missing out on some really nice pieces. At the moment though, 48mm and up is my zone

·
Registered
499 Posts
imported post

What is mans answer to Size. Size doesn't matter, it's how you wear the watch that counts. At a funeral or like event something small and unobtrusive is in order. At a fun social event big and bold is better. Size has it's place, ask any woman.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I just looked at this picture again and the bracelet size is also a massive difference from past years. Not just wider but thicker, heavier, etc.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I am right there with you, I actually tried not to long ago to wear a 47mm Ocean Ghost that I forgot I had stored away. It made me laugh, I felt like I was wearing a shirt from the 8th grade. Like you there are some nice stuff out there that I am missing, but it is what it is, and I would rather not have them then wear them!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

TheWatchGeek wrote:
What is mans answer to Size. Size doesn't matter, it's how you wear the watch that counts. At a funeral or like event something small and unobtrusive is in order. At a fun social event big and bold is better. Size has it's place, ask any woman.

Not to be contrarian, but in my case, it's what I WANT to wear that counts. If I should have the misfortune of attending a funeral in the near future, I will be wearing something from my collection, which means it be large and obtrusive. I haven't been in the collecting game long, so my tastes are in tune with today's trend of larger time pieces. It's what I like and what
I will wear.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Really neat way to display the evolution of size CT!

I dig the larger ones but can get away with 44MM just fine (girly 7.5" wrist). I think my SANIII's and my SAS look a little big on me but I like them and could give a rat's A$$ what anyone else thinks....that's why I still have a mullet, wear flare jeans and drive a 1976 Trans AM while listening to Loverboy.....crap, just threw up in my mouth, gotta stop, this joke is no longer funny:squint:

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:

I dig the larger ones but can get away with 44MM just fine (girly 7.5" wrist). I think my SANIII's and my SAS look a little big on me but I like them and could give a rat's A$$ what anyone else thinks....that's why I still have a mullet, wear flare jeans and drive a 1976 Trans AM while listening to Loverboy.....crap, just threw up in my mouth, gotta stop, this joke is no longer funny:squint:
I don't care what you say - everyone loved this song!!!

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/7E82ozXyNjk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Seattle wrote:

Loverboy huh!!! Dayuuuuum!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Seattle wrote:

Got pics? LOL

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
Seattle wrote:

Got pics? LOL
Sorry (not my pic), hijacked someone's pic from the web.......no, really.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Oh gee, you had me scared there for a minute.

I thought you were going to ask us about physical growth ,like going from a 32 x 34 30 years ago to a 38x 34 15 years ago to a 44 x 32 today.

Oh for goodness sakes, did I just post this?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts