Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I have always loved the Panerai watches, but also completely realize that I will probably never ever own one. Just way way out of my current or future budget without winning the lottery, lol

Here is my favorite Panerai model. It is the Panerai Luminor 44mm Daylight Chrono Bracelet 236 K

Followed closely by
the Panerai PAM 168 - Luminor Regatta Chronograph. The only problem with this one is that it is 40mm and a little to small, but the dial is amazing.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

Wow! Hi James, some good looking and very pricy Panerais! ....Bob

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Nice.....I'm lovin the Pan's....those are 2 great watches James..Thanks for posting...

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Not a huge fan of #2 but the first one is a cool looking watch!

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

ok i have to say this - those are pretty nice looking watches. even i think so. but for 10,000 or whatever they go for they seem way way overpriced. i know this brand is super trendy right now and on all the cool shows like entourage, but some on. seem extremely over priced to me.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Love those Pannies Bro! But a Marine Militaire will have to do for me as well. They are good lookin and nice working knockoffs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
imported post

I am quite partial to the PAM 312. It is a new model for 2009 with an in-house movement (P9000: 28,800 VPH, 28 jewels, 72 hour power reserve)unlike the ETA based modified movements. I agree that the prices are a bit high, but you get quite a product... espcecially with what they do with their movements. With Panerai switching to in-house, they are only going to go up in value.

This one is certainly on my "to do" list...

·
Registered
117 Posts
imported post

Personally I have never liked these watches at all. I am not sure what all the hype is with them, but clearly a good press agent or marketing person has gotten them high exposure product placement on about 50 movies and television shows.
In house movement or not, they seem plain to me and a little boring. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Great pic Alan. I love your pictures of you Pan.

·
Registered
22 Posts
imported post

Oh ya nothing wears like a destro 219 with a Guillermo bull leather strap.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

Definately a lotto win watch for me, Like Arnie I'll stick with my MM's for now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
imported post

I tried on the 312 in St. Maarten I love the 1950 case with the brushing on the case. The "REG.T.M." crown guard finishes it beautifully. I like the fact that it doesnt have the magnifier over the date like the Rolex Sea Dweller this watch makes a statement in simplistic yet timeless design. The in house movement is the icing on the cake. Great collectible.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

James, you and I HAVE to be brothers from another mother! I love this watch too. I'm not a strap guy and this model has always done it for me. I LOVE the blue dial A LOT but I would never buy it because it's only 40mm. That's just too small for me. Great minds think alike!!

·
Registered
767 Posts
imported post

Ok, I'll play...I have a few on my lotto list, most Special Editions (real ones, not like the Baby Lupah S.E.'s):b
The 243, 285, 365, even the Slytech (that's be my Rocky watch, haha). I really like the Submersibles as I'm a diver freak, but this is the one I'd get at O.P. in the City if I hit PB. It's a Special Edition Tourbillon with a sunrise/sunset feature and the caseback is just amazing. Also, it's 50mm, which is all I pretty much wear lately, even though I think their bracelet design is incredible, esp. the one with the steel/titanium links together.

Here's the 365 aka "Equation":

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts