Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This and the Omega Seamaster are the two watches that got me revved up to be a collector a few years ago. I don't own one and I may never, but this is probably my #1 favorite watch design ever.

The Oris Carlos Coste Limited Edition. I love the lefty setup, the orange superlume, the 7750....just not crazy about titanium, but at 47mm it's still a beast! Named for the world-class freediver...

Brand:

Oris

Style Number:

678.7598.71.84.SET

Also Called:

Carlos Coste Limited Edition, 01 678 7598 7184 SET

Series:

Carlos Coste Limited Edition

Style:

Mens

Case:

Titanium

Dial Color:

Black, wave dial with orange highlights

Watch Bracelet / Strap:

Titanium, Polished and Brushed

Watch Clasp:

Deployant 8 24 70 PEB Double Lock, Diver Extension

Movement:

Automatic

Engine:

Oris Caliber 678 (base ETA 7750, 13 1/4‘”, 28,800vph, 25 jewels)

Functions:

Hours, Minutes, Small Seconds (at 3), Day, Date, Chronograph, Stop Second, Helium escape valve at 2.

Watch Chronograph:

Center Chronograph Seconds Hand. 30-minute counter at 6. Screw-down chronograph pushers at 8 and 10.

Crystal:

Sapphire Crystal (4.8mm thick, domed, anti-reflective)

Case Diameter:

47.0 mm

Case Thickness:

20.4 mm

Caseback:

Titanium Case with Blue Carlos Coste Limited Edition insignia

Bezel Material:

Titanium

Bezel Function:

Unidirectional Rotating

Mass:

187.0g

WaterResistance:

1000m / 3281ft (suitable for swimming, snorkeling, skin diving, diving, deep-sea diving)

Crown:

Titanium, left-side, with ORIS logo. Provides easy manipulation for divers, Screw-in.

Calendar:

Automatic Day/Date at 9

Power Reserve:

42-hour power reserve

Watch Bracelet Length:

8.5 inches

Watch Bracelet Width:

19.75-24.0 mm

Additional Info:

LIMITED NUMBERED EDITION OF 2000 PIECES. Special diving-inspired helmet case. Remarkable dive depth of 1000 meters.

Carlos Coste is the reigning free-diving world record holder. His specialty is in the constant weight category. Constant Weight competition is the event where divers self-propel themselves to a maximum depth with no weights or lines. Mr. Coste's world record dive is 105 meters.

Indexes and hands in dark orange SuperLuminova.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Looks really awesome! Oris is top shelf for dive watch designs. Be sure to post the hell out of it when you get it!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Wow . . . gorgeous Oris timepieces (both of you)!

How jealous I am! Exceptional size at 47mm (the 51mm sounds even better)! Thanks for sharing your Oris and ENJOY!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Haha, sadly I don't think the CC will find it's way into my collection. There were only 2,000 made and I believe they're all gone by now...Plus, it's about 1,500% of my watch budget......

:(

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I LOVE both of those models.

On my short list is this similar one -

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

FreeDive that watch is smoking....I always admired that watch...Hopefully you can pick it up soon..When you do we need to see some pics...

·
Registered
25 Posts
imported post

Oris...............................................

I am looking at this TT1 now............might pick it up this weekend!

·
Registered
354 Posts
imported post

Oris makes a solid watch, beautiful case designs and the dials are off the chart. I agree Andrew, that watch is stunning! I was in at an AD looking at them and I can tell you that it was real hard not to pull the trigger. They have a 6 month no interest no admin fee purchase plan. Things like that scare me, I could go nuts!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

You guys are making me drool over all the sweet looking watches! Oris is just an awesome watch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts