Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most here know I have in the last few months contracted a severe case of Vostokitis.

Yesterday I broke out all four of my Vostoks, wound them up and set them (back winding the hour hand while setting) up to as close to the exact time to the second as I could.

Today I checked them and Scuba Dude is running at +2 White Dial at +18 Batman Bezel +2 and Blue Circle dial at +6.

I haven't opened the case on any of them and had them regulated, they came this way from the factory.

This is better accuracy then most of my Swiss Watches I paid 10 to 20 times more for, WTF!

P.S. I made the mistake of winding up Batman and setting him to the exact second but failed to set the hours, minutes and date.

20200107_113547_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr

·
Registered
113 Posts
As most here know I have in the last few months contracted a severe case of Vostokitis.

Yesterday I broke out all four of my Vostoks, wound them up and set them (back winding the hour hand while setting) up to as close to the exact time to the second as I could.

Today I checked them and Scuba Dude is running at +2 White Dial at +18 Batman Bezel +2 and Blue Circle dial at +6.

I haven't opened the case on any of them and had them regulated, they came this way from the factory.

This is better accuracy then most of my Swiss Watches I paid 10 to 20 times more for, WTF!

P.S. I made the mistake of winding up Batman and setting him to the exact second but failed to set the hours, minutes and date.

20200107_113547_resized by Charles Ford, on Flickr
You have a point. My watches with a Seiko NH35 movement are all more accurate that any of my Swiss watches with an ETA movement.

I only have the one Amphibia, and whilst I haven't checked the time keeping on it, I think it's OK. Your right, they can be quite addictive

·
Super Moderator
8,942 Posts
Can't get enough of how happy you are with these Chaz, and how
much you are enjoying them. :smile1: ..It's really inspiring, and even
contagious maybe, and makes you appreciate these watches, but
watches in general I think.

Love seeing this comparison, and you really make a fantastic point
about how great watches can be that don't cost a ton ! :smileyface_hand_cla

In a way, it kind of proves that many times, we are paying for the
name that is on the dial.

Thanks a lot for the look, along with the post sir !!!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some great looking watches that I've never heard of, BUT now I have and I won't be forgetting them after seeing them... :clap2:

I really like the "arrow" hour hand they use! it really makes it easier to read the time at a glance...
The best part of them is they only cost around $100 and have some really innovative design work, the case back design and floppy crown for instance.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
461 Posts

You wouldn't want to know how well four watches from the '60s would do with the same test, I can take any four of my Accutron 214 caliber watches and do the same test and they will all be within + or - 4 seconds of each other OR + or - 2 seconds of the time they were set at and they are all 50+ years old!

Not too bad for a bunch of 50-year-old watches! :smile-thumb2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts