Watch Freeks banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
From their website - http://www.muehle-glashuette.de/en/wristwatches/nautical-wristwatches/sar-flieger-chronograph.html

The rescue pilots from the German Navy were looking for a chronograph which would enable calculation of flight speeds, and at the same time be able to withstand the harshest of operating conditions. As a result, the S.A.R. Flieger-Chronograph (S.A.R pilots' chronograph) was born.

For easy differentiation between the time displays, the chronograph functions are marked in orange. This typical SAR signal color is also used to highlight the important 10-second scale, which facilitates short-time measurements to extrapolate speeds.

We have positioned the crown and pusher on the left, where they do not restrict the free movement of the wearer's hand. This also enabled us to place the start pusher at 8 o'clock, where it is much easier to operate with the thumb.

Movement MU 9408, automatic with woodpecker neck regulation, Glashütte three-quarter plate and characteristic surface finishes. Stop-second. Fast date correction. 48-hr power reserve.
Case Stainless steel with bidirectional bezel. 2.5 mm thick, domed and anti-glare sapphire crystal. Transparent case back. Screw-in crown. Water-resistant to 10 bars.
Dimensions Ø 44.0 mm; H 16.2 mm.
Strap Rubber strap or stainless steel strap with extension, stainless steel safety clasp. Screwed strap attachment bridges.
Dial Super LumiNova hands and indices. Face colour Black

Good article on this model on Oceantime - http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2010/09/nautische-instrumente-muhle-glashutte.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

I like the dial and look of this watch...and I really like the rubber end link on the rubber model, which will allow the brand to swing and work like a bracelet.
Dont care for the 5 link bracelet...only because we have seen it so much in so many watches these days......Would have though Glashutte could have done something better and diffferent......

And I hate, that one pusher on the left side....ruins the whole watch for me.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.