Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A few year ago I was watching a non-watch program on cable (actually a Fine Arts Auction show) and they brought out a watch I have never heard of before. Well, my wife, at the time, ended up buying me one.

It is the MTM SPECIAL OPS SS THUNDER HAWK w/BLACK CF DIAL & LED LIGHTING.

There are a number of things that make this watch unique starting with the charging system. The watch has a Lithium Ion battery with a 10 year life and uses a Electromagnetic Induction charging system to recharge the battery. A fully charged battery (overnight on the charging stand) will last 30 days, depending on how often the LED lights are used - more on that later. The watch justdrapes over the charging stand with the case back resting on the charger. AC adapter plugs into a wall outlet. While charging the LED light glows orange and slowly dims and brightens. The second, and coolest unique feature of the watch is the LED lighting. It has 2 modes, Internal and External. The Internal LED light is Blue and is enough to light up the dial and provide some illumination for objest very close like a map or a book. The External LED light is a very bright, almost laser like, Orange that, according to the Mfg, can be seen 1 mile away in the dark. Well I have not confirmed that since the idea of dropping my girlfriend off and driving 1 mile away to see if she can see the lighted watch does not seem to appeal to her??? However, I can tell you that it sure makes it easy to be spotted in a dark movie theatre. 1 pusher, at the 2 oclock position operate the LED lighting; push in 1 time for Blue Internal light lasts for 5 seconds. Puch in again and External Bright Orange light comes on for 5 seconds. It will automatically shut off unless you continue to hold down the pusher.

The rest of the info on the watch is as follows: 42mm width 13.5mm thick 1/2 lb weight; proprietary quartz movement? (fancy for Japan?); 100m water resistence; screw down crown;Super Luminous numbers and hands; tempered scrath resistent anti-reflective crystal; unidirectional ratcheting bezel, 24 hr outer ring on black cf dial w/sweep second hand; divers style clasp with extra locking device; MADE IN USA.

I will add photos as soon as I figure how to do that on this site.

Internal Light Mode taken in a lighted room.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I'm sorry, I guess I did not search it out, I just did not see it on the thread od other brands. Still having a problem trying to post any more than 1 photo?????

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

WatchNut wrote:
I'm sorry, I guess I did not search it out, I just did not see it on the thread od other brands. Still having a problem trying to post any more than 1 photo?????
NO PROBLEM AT ALL :) Post away.

Did you get my PM I sent you about adding pics :)

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

that is really cool.

Thank you for those pics!! I had never seen one of those before. Thanks again!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts