Watch Freeks banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just enjoyed a new sci-fi flick called Infinite starring the Funky Bunch's front man. At one point Marky Mark prepares to save the world by putting on an eye catching blue and gold timepiece. Forgive the resolution. Paramount prevented me from grabbing a screen shot so I had to pause and snap a pic.

Just FYI, the watch actually has no bearing on the scene and plays no role in the plot.

·
Super Moderator
15,088 Posts
😀Well that is very cool Clay, a fantastic catch ! 😎😉

It’s so much fun when you see a watch you recognize in a
movie, or show. (y)(y) And what better watch to wear when
saving the world too ! 😊 ..Hey, and it even looks to match
up nicely with the corridors of that futuristic facility. 😄😀

Can’t thank you enough for the report, along with look !!!

·
Long Time Member
146 Posts
CFB has been doing a lot of product placement in movies, lately! I am not familiar with this particular movie, but I would bet there is some reference to it in a background shot, etc. I know, if you are a 'credit junkie', like I am, it was certainly given credit at the end.

A pretty good movie, notwithstanding is, "The Meg". I really liked it, sure... a little (okay, a lot!) hoakie, but if you like CFB, there is a lot of eye candy in it! Among others, this one! Diving with a $25K watch, who wouldn't like that? Oh, BTW... I can't recommend reading the book enough. Steve Alten can describe the CRAP outta a Shark attack! Plus, who doesn't like Jason Statham?! Oh yeah... Li Bingbing doesn’t look half bad in that HUGE CFB, either!

Reactions: Auto_Addict

·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CFB has been doing a lot of product placement in movies, lately! I am not familiar with this particular movie, but I would bet there is some reference to it in a background shot, etc. I know, if you are a 'credit junkie', like I am, it was certainly given credit at the end.

A pretty good movie, notwithstanding is, "The Meg". I really liked it, sure... a little (okay, a lot!) hoakie, but if you like CFB, there is a lot of eye candy in it! Among others, this one! Diving with a $25K watch, who wouldn't like that? Oh, BTW... I can't recommend reading the book enough. Steve Alten can describe the CRAP outta a Shark attack! Plus, who doesn't like Jason Statham?! Oh yeah... Li Bingbing doesn’t look half bad in that HUGE CFB, either!
Personally I loved The Meg! There were a couple of scenes that were pretty epic. Especially that initial stare down with the little girl. I also appreciated very much how they didn't pretend to ignore Jaws' influence; even tossing in a few easter eggs as tribute.
I remember seeing a boatload (pun intended) of large black dive watches but but don't recall any having their own co-star worthy moment like they gave that CFB in Infinite (a` la - I'm ready for my close up Mr. DeMille).
BTW, I'd like to go back and check the credits for the CFB nod but I axed the Paramount account already. Guess I'll have to wait till it shows up on Netflix 😆

1 - 10 of 10 Posts