Watch Freeks banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Good evening, I am new here and came to find out some information on a watch I recently took ownership of. It's a Movado Kingmatic HS 360 of pretty heavy stainless steel. The face is a blue/purple color and the front says " Movado" on the top and Kingmatic HS 360 on the bottom as well as "Swiss made". On the back it says "Stainless Steel" 3854 and Sub-Sea. See Picture (sorry about the quality). It's keeping perfect time so far and the only cosmetic flaw is a few minute scratches on the glass. Any information especially it's worth would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time. Rebecca

Attachments

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
imported post

I'm assuming it's an auto.

The HS 360 means it has a high beat 36000 vph movement (The movement beats at 36.000 beats per hour = high beat.

This may be the movement

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&1ranfft&0&2uswk&Movado_408

or this ( no picture, but but could be the same as above)

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&1ranfft&0&2uswk&Zenith_408

The Cal. 408 was made by Movado (in house) and was shared with Zenith during their cooperation in the early seventies:

Very good movement, especially if it's a Zenith.

I would search on-line auction houses and vintage watch sellers to get an idea of it's worth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thank you tinknocker, your input is very helpful. It is an auto and imagine my surprise when I found it in a bag of watches at Goodwill for $7.95, the whole bag! Gotta love Goodwill!!:l

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum and Congrates on a free watch, for $7 it's free lol.
This is a great place to gain knowledge about watches and share experiences. Great moderators and members. Enjoy your stay here :)
Abdullah Masede.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

That is a pretty nice looking Movado, and what a great price.

Welcome to the forum. Great to have a female watch lover here. Hope you enjoy your time here.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
imported post

Back then, they made the watch look like a TV screen, sort of.

Great pick-up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thank you Tattoo Chef, In my early 20s I bought an old pendulum clock that didn't work. It took me almost a year but I figured it out and managed to fix it (hangs in my living room, still running) and bought a few more broken clocks to repair. Then, I found an old wind up longines that was broken and set out to fix it as well (resides in a baggie in a box/coffin) I tried several more times to fix old watches that I came across, without realizing their value at the time, and to date have only managed to actually repair one. But in the meantime became a great lover of antique and vintage watches. A novel pastime!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hi tinknocker, do you have any idea even approximate as to the date of this watch?
thanks,

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
imported post

beckysue wrote:
Hi tinknocker, do you have any idea even approximate as to the date of this watch?
thanks,

I would think 1970 to 75, give or take.

I found this

On Friday, December 22, 1967, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for KINGMATIC HS 360 by Movado Watch Agency, Inc., NEW YORK 10020. The USPTO has given the KINGMATIC HS 360 trademark serial number of 72287448. The current federal status of this trademark filing is EXPIRED.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
beckysue:
It almost borders on being "unfair pool" to pick up a find like you did.
I expect I've scoured dozens of Goodwills and Estate Sales and never
had this happen to Moi.
Almost like the Bro who found a $30,000.00 JLC at his local Goodwill
in a bushel basket for $6.95.
World's most unlucky used watch buyer.

Lou Snutt

1 - 15 of 15 Posts