Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am posting this as requested by James (tvdinner). I have purchased 20 watches and 3 winders from ShopNBC and 5 sets of 3 from a on-line vendor, one watch from WOW. As I type, I will think of others from the net.

James, this is for you, have fun looking up the codes!

v91217 Stuhruling Midnite Falcon
v90766 Delphi Skeketon
v90468 Swiss Legend Commander (2)
j174742 Invicta winder (3)
v90909 Stuhruling Zeppelin
j178056 Andriod Revolver
j177908 Invicta Anniversary Bolt (B/O)
lupah Special edition with extra straps (2)
Corduba Ibiza (3) all three colors with black and color straps
Classique Tucan
j176105 Pro Diver
j177946 Signature Skeleton
j177122 Andriod Naval Chrono (2) (looks some what like a bolt)
j177426 Pro Diver
v90478 Jacques Lemans Turntable (face rotates, one black one white chrono.
Croton vortex Pineapple with travel case (rounds out my vortex collection)

All the above from ShopNBC

1 Corduba Ibiza 6202 Yellow from WOW
2 Talking watches for on-line specials

3 croton vintage watches from e-bay

8 China specials from e-bay (some really great looking watches)
(3) retro led
(2) multi led read out
(3) manual winders with leather straps (Skeletons)

15 grab bag of watches with travel case (new,5 sets of 3) will arrive this week

One wood watch winder (4 watches) and 8 storage slots $53.xx

a few from e-bay I do not remember.

47 used watches not working. One is a TAG or so they say. They need batteries and what not. (not in my overall watch buying count) Will arrive this week.

The 30 day total is ##, I really don't want to know, well maybe, OK at least 49 watches and 4 winders.

Thank the good LORD my wife just loves to see what comes next. She is now getting into collecting also. About 13 watches in the last 60 days.

Have a GREAT DAY to all watchfreeks.

CARL

Reactions: arogle1stus

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

TheWatchGeek wrote:
I am posting this as requested by James (tvdinner). I have purchased 20 watches and 3 winders from ShopNBC and 5 sets of 3 from a on-line vendor, one watch from WOW. As I type, I will think of others from the net.

James, this is for you, have fun looking up the codes!

v91217 Stuhruling Midnite Falcon
v90766 Delphi Skeketon
v90468 Swiss Legend Commander (2)
j174742 Invicta winder (3)
v90909 Stuhruling Zeppelin
j178056 Andriod Revolver
j177908 Invicta Anniversary Bolt (B/O)
lupah Special edition with extra straps (2)
Corduba Ibiza (3) all three colors with black and color straps
Classique Tucan
j176105 Pro Diver
j177946 Signature Skeleton
j177122 Andriod Naval Chrono (2) (looks some what like a bolt)
j177426 Pro Diver
v90478 Jacques Lemans Turntable (face rotates, one black one white chrono.
Croton vortex Pineapple with travel case (rounds out my vortex collection)

All the above from ShopNBC

1 Corduba Ibiza 6202 Yellow from WOW
2 Talking watches for on-line specials

3 croton vintage watches from e-bay

8 China specials from e-bay (some really great looking watches)
(3) retro led
(2) multi led read out
(3) manual winders with leather straps (Skeletons)

15 grab bag of watches with travel case (new,5 sets of 3) will arrive this week

One wood watch winder (4 watches) and 8 storage slots $53.xx

a few from e-bay I do not remember.

47 used watches not working. One is a TAG or so they say. They need batteries and what not. (not in my overall watch buying count) Will arrive this week.

The 30 day total is ##, I really don't want to know, well maybe, OK at least 49 watches and 4 winders.

Thank the good LORD my wife just loves to see what comes next. She is now getting into collecting also. About 13 watches in the last 60 days.

Have a GREAT DAY to all watchfreeks.

CARL
OMG Carl. I thought I had a problem. You just put that worry to rest. Very nice array of watches for 30 days. I think the most I have purchased in one month is probably 4-5 watches.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

WOW!!!!!!!! haha -thanks for posting that list. You have a wide range of higher dollar whats and affordable ones. Lots of different colors and styles also!

What an amazing WEEK of buying for you. do you think you will wear all of these or are some strictly for "the collection"?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

oh yea - to answer the question I would say the most I have purchased in a month is 5-6 probably.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

I think the most I've purchased in a month is 5. That was back in the beginning. Gotta be a little more selective nowadays.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Before I quit working I had streaks where I would get a watch a day. Pretty bad huh. Not necessarily from the Shop either. We're talkin in the early days of my collecting. Ebay and Ubid.com were my big areas of concentration so I was getting alot of inexpensive Chinese Autos for under $100 each as well as a fewpricier models on The Shop as well. I still have many of them and they are in excellent condition. So yea, you could definately say that I've gotten as much as 30 watches in a month. Haven't done it for quite some time though. This month has been my biggest for purchasing in a loooooonnnggg time. Five Invictas so far and going to grab at least two of the Renatos coming up. At least.

In case you haven't seen this on WatchGeeks: My signature:

Life is short! Buy as many watches as you can!

(Hmmmmmmm. Ok, I will!!)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

James, forgot the Relic, Armitron and Citizen Skyhawk $650.00. I know, how could I forget spending that much for a watch and forget I purchased it. I really only spent $360.00 for it with all my preferred customer discounts.. Also three from Sears. Another Armitron Chronograph, and two others that I cannot remember. Sometimes I have to go and search out my collection in different places and just admire my watches and also too remember what I have purchased.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

TheWatchGeek wrote:
James, forgot the Relic, Armitron and Citizen Skyhawk $650.00. I know, how could I forget spending that much for a watch and forget I purchased it. I really only spent $360.00 for it with all my preferred customer discounts.. Also three from Sears. Another Armitron Chronograph, and two others that I cannot remember. Sometimes I have to go and search out my collection in different places and just admire my watches and also too remember what I have purchased
awesome!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

I do not know how many in my personal collection. I plan to photograph all of them in a group. I will post some pictures when I learn how to. I own over 500 watches, Most all Asian. I sell watches at the local weekend sale spots in the area. My wife was in Westport WA this weekend with a full display of watches, 500+ knives, 50+ straight blades,20+ swords sets, binoculars, pistol crossbows, 200+ Airsoft guns, fresh water pearls in rings - bracelets and necklaces, plus another 1000+ fashion rings. I import direct for China, Taiwan and the Philippines.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

TheWatchGeek wrote:
I do not know how many in my personal collection. I plan to photograph all of them in a group. I will post some pictures when I learn how to. I own over 500 watches, Most all Asian. I sell watches at the local weekend sale spots in the area. My wife was in Westport WA this weekend with a full display of watches, 500+ knives, 50+ straight blades,20+ swords sets, binoculars, pistol crossbows, 200+ Airsoft guns, fresh water pearls in rings - bracelets and necklaces, plus another 1000+ fashion rings. I import direct for China, Taiwan and the Philippines.
Very nice!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

WOW, Carl . . . that is quite a "haul"!

Congrats on your new "instant" watch collection! :)

AS for me . . . I've purchased 2 watches (in total) and both were from ShopNBC in the past 30 days. One was shipped to Maryland (I live in North Carolina)! So, I called to cancel that order (which they finally did) and then they proceeded to cancel ANOTHER order that I had (for my daughter) without my authorization. So, I've purchased 2 watches in the past 30 days, and none made it to me! :(

Otherwise, I got a Grand Lupah in a trade!

That's it! :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
5 maybe 6 watches in a month. I did actually forget I had a watch coming and the mail man surprised me. Any lessons learned moving products as a seller? I haunt swap meets and flea markets usually looking for car/motorcycle parts or interesting watches.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
WatchGeek:
I've amassed 38 watches but it took 65+ years to do it.
Have gifted a fair amount of watches in my time too.
Most to oldest son Dan. 3 watches. And he has em in a
rotation. Gifted a Seiko Kinetic to a grandson that he
never wears. Can't blame him. I didn't like it either!

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have about 25 watch's. It has taken me a long time to get all of them. I don't get a lot at one time.

Roger

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I think it is just two and that was last year when I averaged about 1 per month and I thought that was extreme.
I am trying to lay off the purchases this year and enjoy what I have because I am loving my rotation as it stands. Can't see it lasting long though it an illness I tell you.

Sent from my Sinclair MK14 using a dial up modem.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm in the phase where I go .... Ohh shiny, must buy:) . I'm at 6 watches right now and want to add many more lol. Then every morning I have to go hmmmm which one to wear today and am I gonna be working with chains.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts